PTSD Forum Rules
The community constitution (separate page) is essentially agreed community principles.
- By reading or registering at MyPTSD, you accept these terms.
- You agree to comply with website rules by registering.
- You cannot reproduce, modify, store or distribute MyPTSD content for any purpose.
- Once you post it (text only), it belongs forever and becomes copyright MyPTSD.
- If you don't own it, don't post it. Posting copyright material may get your account banned.
- Don't spam, advertise, troll or post anything that violates laws or anothers rights.
- Links must have a purpose to the discussion, otherwise don't post them.
- You must be 13 years of age or older, no exceptions.
- Do not share ANY information of anyone younger than 13 years of age.
- You are responsible for your account security. Failure to keep your account secure may get it banned.
- If you order premium subscription, you get what is described and are responsible to cancel if no longer wanted.
- This is not a therapeutic service.
- Suicidal posting not allowed. Suicidal ideation acceptable.
- You use this website at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to change anything, including access, without notice.
- Legal jurisdiction is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
WEBSITE OWNERSHIP. This website is owned by Nicolette Parsons, director of NJM & Co Financial Solutions Pty Ltd, an Australian owned and operated private company. References to "We," "Us," "Our" and “MyPTSD” may be construed as references to Nicolette Parsons. MyPTSD is managed, and administered, by Anthony Parsons, an Australian citizen.
OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT. Unless otherwise noted, all written text is protected by copyright and owned, controlled or licensed by Us. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the website.
PROHIBITED USE OF CONTENT. Unless We have agreed in writing to the contrary you agree that you will not use the website, any Forum (defined below) and/or any of the Content:
- in conjunction with any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process that enables you to monitor or copy the Web pages or the Content;
- on any other website or networked computer environment;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise);
- to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services or those of any third party;
- to solicit other guests or users of the website to join or become members of any commercial online or offline service or other organization;
- by transmitting or re-circulating it to any third party (otherwise than by use of a hyperlink in accordance with the "Linking" paragraph below);
- in any way that involves removing copyright or trademark notice(s) to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- to disseminate any material which is or may infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party or which is unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, or which may restrict or inhibit the use of the website and/or any of the Content by any person or which constitutes or encourages conduct that may be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability;
- to disseminate any material which does or may bring MyPTSD, its management, proprietor/s, affiliates, family, members and third parties or any of into dispute or in any way damage reputation;
- to disseminate any material that may interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data; or
- to post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT ("DMCA") NOTICE. Materials may be made available via the Web Service by third parties not within our control. We are under no obligation to, and do not, scan content used in connection with the Web Service for the inclusion of illegal or impermissible content. However, We respect the copyright interests of others. It is Our policy not to permit materials known by us to infringe another party's copyright to remain on the Web Service. If you believe any materials on the Web Service infringe a copyright, you should provide us with written notice that at a minimum contains:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Us to contact the complaining party, such as a mailing address or electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
All DMCA notices should be sent to our designated agent as follows:
C/o Anthony Parsons, Administrator
PO Box 3048
Burnley North. Vic. 3121.
It is Our policy to terminate relationships regarding content with third parties who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others.
USAGE BY PERSONS UNDER 13. MyPTSD is directed to persons 13 years and over and is not directed to persons under COPPA age. We cannot prohibit persons from visiting the website so We must rely on scrutiny and honesty. Persons discovered to be a member under the age of 13 years of age will have their account terminated immediately.
MEMBER ACCOUNT. If you register as a user of MyPTSD, you create a username and password that is unique to you. Such registration may be subject to specific terms of registration with which you must comply. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password.
Your username and passwords must be used solely by you and sharing your username and password with any other person or making it available to multiple users on a network is strictly prohibited. Where you register with Us you also agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data by updating your account details section; and
- ensure that you exit from your member account at the end of each session; and
- notify Us of any unauthorized use of your username and password or any other breach of security via the “Contact Us” link located in the footer of every page.
ORDERING PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES. Specifications and descriptions of the Subscription Services and products to be supplied by Us on this website are not intended to be binding and are intended only to give a general description of the Subscription Services and products to be supplied by Us. We warrant that we have the right to supply all Subscription Services and products offered by Us on the website and that they will substantially comply with their description. All Subscription Services and products are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the maximum extent permissible, We make no other warranties or promises about the Subscription Services and products and any implied warranties are excluded. We do not promise that Subscription Services and products are necessarily available, and all Subscription Services and products are offered subject to availability. Once you click on the "Confirm Order/Proceed" button We will treat the order as an offer by you to avail yourself of Subscription Service/product subject to these terms and conditions of sale. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of your order. The terms of your order will not be filed electronically and will not be made available to you on request so you should print off and retain Our confirmation of the order for your records.
FEE BASED SUBSCRIPTIONS. Certain Subscription Services and/or products are only available if you purchase them for a fee ("Fee-Based Subscription Services"). You agree to pay for Fee-Based Subscription Services, using a valid credit card which We accept or other form of accepted payment and the annual subscription charges for Fee-Based Subscription Services ("the Fees") will be set forth on the relevant page of the website. You must also pay all applicable taxes and other charges (such as delivery charges) incurred on your account in order to access Fee-Based Subscription Services. All Fees are quoted in US Dollars and must be paid in full, including all applicable taxes and other charges, except where discounts are offered as detailed on the website. If you are placing an order from outside of the United States, your card issuer may convert the charge into your local currency. We reserve the right to change the Fees or applicable charges and to institute new Fees and charges at any time. In the event you cancel the Fee-Based Subscription Service, We will not refund any fees already paid by you for the then current term. If you believe we have billed you incorrectly, you must contact Us no later than 60 days after the closing date on the first billing statement in which the error or problem appeared, in order to receive an adjustment or credit. Inquiries and cancellation requests should be directed via the “Contact Us” link available from the footer of every page.
By uploading materials to any Forum or submitting any materials to Us, you automatically:
- grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, disclose, post, remove and/or distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe;
- warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in those materials have been waived; and
If you object to the publication of any material placed on the website please contact Us by sending an appropriately worded reason via the “Contact Us” link at the footer of every page and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
We accept no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on Forums by users.
NON-TRANSFERABILITY. Your right to use this website is not transferable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information is not transferable.
JURISDICTION. Those who choose to access the website from locations outside Australia do so on their own initiative and are responsible for establishing the usability or correctness of any information or Content under any or all jurisdictions and the compliance of that information or Content with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
All users, including those users who access the website from a country other than Australia, agree that the federal and state laws of Victoria, Australia, shall govern any dispute, including those arising from Our use of personal information or otherwise relating to privacy.
DISCLAIMER. THE CONTENT IN THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MyPTSD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MyPTSD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKES THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WHILST MyPTSD ENDEAVOURS TO ENSURE THAT THE WEBSITE IS NORMALLY AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY, IT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IF FOR ANY REASON THE WEBSITE IS UNAVAILABLE AT ANY TIME OR FOR ANY PERIOD. ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE MAY BE SUSPENDED TEMPORARILY AND WITHOUT NOTICE IN THE CASE OF SYSTEM FAILURE, MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR OR FOR ANY OTHER REASONABLE CAUSE. MyPTSD DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT MyPTSD) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL MyPTSD BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF MyPTSD OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL MyPTSD’s TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE WEBSITE.
NOT THERAPEUTIC ADVICE. The Content contained on the website has been prepared by Us as a service to Our readers and the Internet community. It is provided only for general information and is not intended to address your particular requirements or to constitute any form of therapeutic advice or recommendation. We have used reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing and providing quality information and material, but do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained on or linked to the website. Users of information from the website or links do so at their own risk.
SUICIDAL POSTING. Suicidal posting is strictly forbidden upon MyPTSD. The posting of suicidal content may render your account and content restricted by Us as deemed necessary. Suicidal ideation is acceptable.
OTHER PRODUCTS. Any reference made by the website to any specific commercial product, process, or service (or provider of such product, process or service) by trade name, trademark, hyperlink, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Us. Content on the website may be provided by third parties and users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, users or others, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and do not necessarily state or reflect those of MyPTSD.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES. To the extent that the website contains links to outside services and resources, We do not control the availability and content of those outside services and resources. These links are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the website. MyPTSD does not endorse or make any representations about these third party sites, or any material found on them, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of these third party websites you do so entirely at your own risk. Any concerns regarding any such service or resource, or any link thereto, should be directed to the particular service or resource.
LINKS FROM OTHER WEBSITES. You may link to any page of the website subject to the following conditions:
- you do not replicate website content;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content;
- you only link to freely available Content (and not link to any Content that is only made to users with a username and password);
- you do not in any way imply any endorsement by MyPTSD other than with its written consent or misrepresent your relationship with MyPTSD;
- you do not use any logos or trademarks displayed on the website without the express written permission of MyPTSD;
- the linking website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.