• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

1001 Ways To Appear Functional (even Though You're Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, that reminds me, I have had to keep my old cell phone as well as my new one, I have so many alarms on my phones to remind me of whatever I need to do. Some of them I just set for one time use, others I have on a daily basis. My old phone is full to overloaded with alarms, it cannot take anymore. My new phone, thankfully has a few spots left for emergencies.

always redirect the conversation back to the other person. most folks enjoy talking about themselves, i've found, and asking open-ended questions lets other folks take the conversation and run. all i have to do is smile, nod and make appropriate "hmm"-ing noises every-so-often. while i do care and want to listen and help, still: overwhelm and (social) anxiety and gaaaaaaaaaah.

Keep your cell phone to your ear so when you talk to yourself no one knows.

Smile at everyone, when you smile the whole world smiles with you but when you cry you cry alone and hopefully the mind will follow the body

The shower and getting ready like Simon said is the accomplishment

Over accomplish to do list on good days so bad days are available

Fake it til you make it!

Love all the tips! Especially love the cleaning supplies out and dirty stuff in stove!!!! Love this thread! Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back