1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

11/14/06 - Anniversay and Good News For Hubs

Discussion in 'General' started by Marlene, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

I found out yesterday that my husband doesn't have to go back into the hospital and get skin grafts. I found out from the insurance adjuster today that his workers comp. pay is going to be close to what his regular 40 hour/wk pay is (w/o OT). And today is my anniversary.

But instead of feeling happy and celebrating these things all I feel is pissed at the world, wanting to cry/scream/kick. If someone offered me a cave to go live in right now, I'd take it. Things get better and then they go to shit. They can stop this merry go round at any time...I'm about done. I hate this.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I say go cry, scream, and kick then... Just don't kick something that will hurt you or break and you need to fix. Trust me on that one.

It is a bit of a rollercoaster ride but let it out and get it out of you and maybe you can calm and take a breath and look around and say OK I feel better getting that out, now off to be happy about what I should be!

4. JoannaG

JoannaG Active Member

That's good news about your hubs Marlene. Now you don't have to worry so much about hubs, sounds like you mind is coming back to you.
    Now you are back to dealing with your own emotions, anxieties, ect. Sounds as if your PTSD wants out, to me.
    Don't be too hard on yourself for this, now you can concentrate on healing.
    That is just my opinion, take care.

5. Marlene

I spoke with a friend today to update her on what was going on and everything I had been feeling for the last couple of days came pouring out. She said the same thing that you did, Joanna...that now that things are settling down, everything I've been holding in for a while decided to surface. So I did get to feel better today. :smile:

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Marlene, that is really good news about hubs, and yourself. I hope you both really enjoyed your anniversary, and congratulations on it.

7. Marlene

Thanks. :smile:

8. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

That's great news Marlene, and belated Happy Anniversary to you! :)