1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

11 Most Entertaining Aspects of PTSD

Discussion in 'General' started by NakedAnxiety, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NakedAnxiety

NakedAnxiety Member

• You get the same heart-pumping, adrenalin kick from a simple flashback that other’s have to jump from airplanes to achieve.
    • It’s fun to constantly play “where did I put my keys again?”, “what was I supposed to pick up at the store again?” and “I said what yesterday?” with your friends and family.
    • No one even has to say, “BOO” to send you flying through the roof… they just have to say “hi” or “bye” or “pass the salt” when your mind is racing or you're zoned out again.
    • You never know if a tearjerker is going to send you into hysterical crying or laughter or both at the same time.
    • There are always things to do around the house or office because you never finish anything.
    • Eggshells on the floor tickle your family’s feet even if they don’t giggle.
    • Flashbacks are cheaper than renting Die Hard again.
    • Most people don’t have a clue how many strange things are on TV at 3:30am.
    • Lying on the shower floor in the fetal position can actually be quite relaxing.
    • “Free flowing anxiety” almost sounds like some kind of happy hippy dance.
    • There’s something somewhat satisfying on some strange level about being able to clearly stump a highly paid, well-educated MD.

anthony likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

:rofl: Now that one made me laugh.. because it is soooo true...

bec

4. NakedAnxiety

NakedAnxiety Member

well... all I know is that any chance I have to find a little humor in this experience helps.

laugh = temporary stress release

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

NA, I sure hope you stick around, you are ruining my eyeliner. I laughed so hard I swear I about peed myself. It was all too true. And you put it out there so well! The last one sent me over as I remember leaving the shrink for the first time asking hubs, are they supposed to drop their jaw like that and look shocked? You would think they heard it all... Not mine I guess. And the 3:30 in the morn TV :)

Laughter is great medicine and you gave me a good dose, thanks!

ETA - hope you are pulled out of mod soon as you could not come up with that list without walking the walk.

6. NakedAnxiety

NakedAnxiety Member

Unfortunately yes, I've walked the walk and often ended up needing surgery to apply steel plates to my bones to put them back together again after walking it and falling down. If anyone can connect to the dark humor I tend to grasp at as a way of stealing a smile, I have one more smile to steal.

7. Roobear

Roobear New Member

These are great- I'm always up for a good laugh!! :tongue:

8. hannah

hannah Active Member

Really laughed too just shared that with my son ......... and we are just healing the lacerations on the soles of our feet from the sharp egshells.

thanks for the laughter..

9. ranger2_75

ranger2_75 Active Member

Those are just too true, and that is exactly the funny part.
    thanks

10. mac

mac Active Member

i wish i could attach humor to this hell

11. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

giggles

Oh *that* made me feel better

Must remember to show Luke. . ..

Some one remind me *lmao* cos I'm sure to forget

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.