• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

13 Years Of Physical & Verbal Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal

New Here
Hi everyone. I'm new to posting and forums although felt a sense of relief when I stumbled upon this.
I have been having alot of problems dealing with life, depression, severe anxiety, alcoholism, all of my adult life. I have been sober for a year now and seeing a counselor and psychiatrist just over a year who have helped me greatly. Have been to many over the years with various diagnosis and an army of meds that took what little I had left of me away. So..at this point I feel real fortunate. PTSD is my diagnosis and the 2 meds I take have helped.
My mother had to pull my dad off of me in the crib shaking me to quit crying when I was only days old. This physical abuse lasted 13yrs. along with verbal abuse
That's about all I feel like saying right now. I really think being able to communicate with other PTSD people will help.
Sal

Hi Sal

Welcome. You don't have to say much in a hurry. We are very supportive here and can wait patiently. You aren't alone. I hope you find true comefort in this forum, I certainly have. Look forward to seeing you around.

Take care
Clydiechick

Hi Sal,

You'll find comfort in the forum. I know it's intended for a lot of things, but probably the nicest one is not feeling like you're the only one on the planet dealing with this stuff.

It's a nice thing to do for yourself, too, so hope you'll keep coming back. :)

Take care,

Anni

Hi Sal

Welcome to the forum.

Take your time in posting your story, there is no rush. For now just read what others have written, so you can see how easy going and friendly being here is.

In a short time you will feel like an old hand at posting to others, and you will find it helps to ask questions about anything you are not sure of.

Take care and good luck.

Amethist

Sal,

Welcome to the forum. I too felt a sense of relief when I found this place. It's so comforting to know you aren't alone. I'm so sorry you had to experience that when you were a child. There are so many wonderful people here and lots of great information.

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back