• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer 1st post - my own secret - csa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mover2

New Here
Hello,
I have finally come out with my secret, that I was sexually abused by my father between the ages 6-18 and never spoke of it till now at 53. Everyone (mom & dad) are dead, but to my shock just 2 months or so ago all of my half sister knew about it and did not say a word to me they told my mom she did not believe them. All that crap does not matter at this point - I am sick, I have been diagnosed with cpstd but I am not sure that I can pull through. I actually thought I was saving everything and thought I was doing the right thing by not saying anything to protect the family- boy I just f*cked myself. My attention span is that of a pea. Feel like I need to lay down.

Welcome, glad you found us... and what you are feeling, we all feel that at first. It's like a crystal bowl that has been dropped on concrete and we have no idea where to start. Everything feels too real, or absolutely unreal... we get it.

Glad you are here.

Welcome to the forum, you'll find good advice and help here. I myself just began remembering my CSA, I'm 34, I lost focus, my attention span is very limited, and i have a hard time remembering things. Then the flashbacks and nightmares began.
I am sorry you are going though this but hopefully you will find some comfort here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back