• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

2 hour lecture for students training to be psychologists

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnD

MyPTSD Pro
This Thursday I held my first lecture on living with PTSD and dissociation. The group was students at the university training to be psychologists.

I had been very nervous about it for weeks. I was afraid and had a hard time writing and working with my presentation because I was in the middle of processing a new trauma. I managed to get my symptoms in check a week or so before the lecture.

The lecture:

I managed to get the technical part of things working.

I was introduced, I started talking (held the lecture in English), the students asked me good questions.

I asked for a break after talking for 75 minutes and was getting exhausted. I got back, still tired, and continued my talk. I got most of the stuff out that I wanted to say.

I felt pretty calm during the whole time, centred.

One student gave me such a nice compliment: I wish you would get hired and could come and talk to the whole class, you were very structured/pedagogic.

So hurray for me for daring to do the lecture, for doing it so well and for bragging about it here

This was the perfect solution to my problem: How do I justify my new scarf and handbag that I just ordered?...
:roflmao: There you go! love and enjoy them and everytime you wear the scarf of use the handbag you remember what a HUGE step you took today.
I'm super happy for you, great job!

Good job! :tup::hug::happy:

Thank, you so much for taking your time to write to me and pat me on the back! Appreciate it very much.

Lived experience is such an important element. Congratulations! Tremendous amounts of bravery and re...

Thank you, for your really kind words and for congratulating me. Thanks, for reflecting and sharing your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back