• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

2 Months And Counting

• Thread starter Deleted member 31998
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 31998

It is still happening. I know it is due to my hectic work schedule of doubles with one day and one evening job. It is that "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation; my dream entry level job doesn't have enough hours and yet there is nothing else in this town that can have the appropriate part time schedule without conflict. I am still on the search and it could be worse.

This leads to my lack of self care...I am getting better but it is still a struggle. The days are looking up but there are still times where I beat myself up; that being said, I have always been a happy person, but the song 'Unpretty' by TLC sums up how I feel. Even crisis lines and texting services don't seem to help. I am just grateful to have such a wonderful community of understanding and likeminded individuals. Thank you for reading/listening.

Warmest Wishes,
Jasmine

Best wishes to you : )

I wonder if you could perhaps take 20 minutes, maybe 10 when you first wake up and 10 before bed, to do something just for yourself? Something meant to make you feel good- when I actually manage to do this with regularity, my days become a lot more bearable.

I like to make scented body oils, so sometimes I spend time just being silent and sending love to every inch of my body as I apply the oils to my skin. If oils or lotions fit into your daily routine and you can't spare 10 minutes here and there (I struggle to take my own advice, haha) maybe something like that could be an alternative to get you feeling a bit better throughout the day.

Reno

That's a very cool suggestion, Reno! You're already making yourself useful! ;)

Jasmine, it sounds like you are feeling pretty overwhelmed right now, and with the hours you're working, self-care is critical. May I ask if you are in therapy? Have you talked to your doctor about how you're feeling?

I'm glad you found us. We're here for you, whenever you need us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back