• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

20 Days Since Quitting Smoking And 2.0 Miles Run

• Thread starter Deleted member 28942
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that you mentioned it yes. I've been chewing gum this past week and I guess I was doing it to suppress the cravings. It helps/

Maybe different flavors would be more enticing than a cigarette. Juicy fruit, spearmint, that cinnamon gum, etc. The bubba hubba is always fun to chew, lol.

Good for you, I admire your persistence and spirit.

I am exactly 48 hours into cold turkey after 40 years of smoking tobacco... any suggestions most appreciated. *(I cannot run as my health will not allow it).:confused:

I really want to break this addiction and wonder how to handle relapses or "slips".

The beginning is the hardest. What helped me is to have something to do. Maybe, making bread, knitting, drawing, coloring, etc. Anything that will keep your hands and mind occupied help. You will notice often your hands feel empty and you have a habit of lifting a cigarette to your mouth so having something to do with your hands is helpful. Drink plenty of water, helps in getting rid of the toxins. Writing journaling also helps when you have cravings. Anything that will help you keep busy when you have cravings. Also keep track of the number of days since quitting, even hours if you want to, soon it will be a week then 2 weeks then a month. I am now into 7 or 8 months :-D I still have some very light cravings when stressed or see someone smoking but nothing unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back