1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

2000 Users - Wow

Discussion in 'Social' started by anthony, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I must say I am impressed, as my expectation was for the forum to have 2000 members by the end of 2007, not the half way mark. So people know, I don't market this forum, I don't build links to it, I do nothing in regards to my prior field of expertise, this forum has simply built itself, and for good reason I want it to work that way... so that the forum remains focused and can build at steady rates, not radical ups and downs that throw the forum into chaos and turmoil.

Still though, impressed to say the least, and a huge thank you to all members who make this forum what it is today... the worlds leading PTSD community, so I have been told on many occasions. Get told something enough I guess, you tend to believe it.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Holy shit! :eek:ccasion: Wonderful news!

bec

4. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Well, thank you so much, Anthony, for starting it. It's a wonderful thing!

5. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Way to go Anthony , Thanks for starting this site

6. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Yup', Up over 2000 and only Mid' 2007

Anthony, this is great! Yes, An Awesome Forum!

Just tonight, I too had noticed the forum's fast growth, and amount of members. And, have been noticing how many of us on simultaneously online.

Can't even comprehend how many people the forum is positively filtering to while supporting so many numerous people with all it's focused areas addressing and personally surrounding Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ..........and, IMHO, The Real Deal, of PTSD!

Just like bec said, Wonderful News.

Hope

p.s. Just want to take one quick opportunity here to thank all the forum's members and Thank you Moderators and Super Moderators and Anthony for all our great work, your great work, efforts and service too.

Sincerely, Hope

:smile: ... :smile: ... :smile: ... :smile:

7. Riger

Riger Member

I just wanted to throw in a "Thank you" for the site. It was just a random search I had done about PTSD- and found you all. Again, thanks for the site.

8. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Congrats Anthony. I will say thank you too! This place certainly teaches you there is no short cut to healing any aspect of this and never hides it is a long hard road. I would never be where I am today without the blunt and varied advice here. I still have more to do but damn I am not lost or scared anymore to do it. I see each step adds up. You did wonderful setting this place up for us. Great work!

9. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:thumbs-up Good job!!!!...One and ALL!!! That's an astounding number of members!!! Anthony...I'm so glad for you to have started a site for all of us dealing with PTSD who now have become quite a large community!!! I've learned a lot and am sooooo glad to be a part of this caring community!!!:clap: ....GIVE PEACE A CHANCE

10. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Oh... Congratulations Anthony, all the moderators and Super moderators, and The PTSD Forum! I totally like the fact that you let this forum build itself, rather than marketing. I came across this while searching PTSD for myself. If people want to be here, they will look for it and find it as I did. No need to advertise.

Hey, maybe everybody should post what they love about this place the most? As a toast to it, the members, and Anthony's work??

Well, I will do this anyway... the thing I love about this place the most is that there are so many people just like me. For the first time in my life, I don't feel abnormal here. And people generally STAY here too.... and it's a place that is entirely dedicated to confronting PTSD, as well as supporting people which I think is unique. When people reply, they do it genuinely here so every post is meaningful and not a means to get their 'posting rank' up as I have seen in some forums I used to be on as a teen. And I feel like I have some friends here. I am even meeting up in person with another member next month! This is not 'just a forum'. It's a part of my life.

Thank You.

:thumbs-up

11. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Anthony,

I too would like to THANK YOU for the great job on this site. You and ALL of the mods have done a terrific job. I love the fact that it's so open to discussion on everything.

I found the site by doing a search too. I looked a at least 10 before I joined this one. I am so glad that I did.

Thanks again for the great job!!!!!!

Wendy

12. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Congrats Anthony! Thank you for starting the forum and thanks for everyone who contributes and helps themselves and others.

I found this site completely by accident. I had searched through a number of other PTSD sites and came away disappointed and even more confused. I remember putting in the words 'PTSD, fear and dread' into a search engine and a page from this forum popped up. I read it, printed it (I still have it) and then read some more and then joined. I felt at home and welcomed almost instantly. Like Lisa said, I didn't feel abnormal here. What a relief!

I've learned more about myself (and my PTSD) in the last nine months than at any other time in my life. Dealing with my traumas and learning to manage my PTSD...I know I wouldn't be as far along in my recovery as I am without having found this forum.

Again, thanks Anthony and thanks to everyone for your help!

Lisa

13. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Thank you to Anthony & everyone that contributes to this community.

I noticed that it has been 1 year today since I joined & I have learned so much during my time here. I know I would have struggled trying to help my husband (nugget) without the information & support that I have been given since I've been here.

It's a great feeling to know that we are not walking this path alone.
    I once heard a quote that said, "If you hear footsteps behind you it is just your friends walking the journey with you".

Marlene likes this.