1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

25 Years Wedding Anniversary

Discussion in 'Social' started by Jen, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi everyone I am after a bit of advice it is our wedding anniversary next week (25 years if we make it!) my husband has PTSD and is really depressed at the moment and is not interested in celebrating our anniversary he has already told me that.
    But I want to get him something for our anniverary. I need some ideas we are not very financial and we are not really into anything silver or to tizzy:) I would just like to get something to make him smile which he seems to have forgotten to do and be happy just for a little while.
    Thanks Jen

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Hi Jen! First of all, congratulations on 25 years! Way to go!:claps:

Now...as to what to do or get your husband...what does he like to do? What is something he likes to do but hasn't in a long time? Mine likes fishing. And he doesn't get to do enough of that. I would buy him a fishing pole and find a nice quiet place to go fishing. Even if he didn't catch anything, it would be time away from everything, time for him to go fishing. Heck, it wouldn't cost too much - just need a line, a hook, and some bait (check the local laws on fishing licenses, though).

Find something that he likes to do or used to like to do and start there.

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

Hey jen, congrats here too! the fact that you want to make him happy and are trying to help him with his ptsd is wonderful. don't take it personally that he doesn't want to celebrate, there was a while i didn't want to do anything,, either. it goes with the territory. just assuring him that you do love him still helps a lot, i know i worry constantly that my hubby will get fed up with all this junk that goes with ptsd and want out. he has told me and shown me many times that is not the case. we have a tendency to feel unlovable, i think. something quiet and relaxing would be good-maybe a candelight dinner at home, with some nice calm music, followed by a nice massage, just some quiet, "quality" time.

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Both sound great as it is quiet and low stress. But as often as my back hurts compared to how much I love to fish... I would have a hard time picking which! But the nice quite time home sounds good with a massage to help relieve stress! I romantic moving card.

He may say he does not want to do anything. Meanng he is in the dumps and can't to put forth the effort. Depression sucks. Do it anyway and tell him his gift to you (because he will feel like an ass not giving back) is that he is OK and still with you to make to the 25th and that is all you could ever want! Say it before he has a chance to say I did not want to do this and I did not get you anything. Or maybe better yet a thank you card for the gift of still being here with you the best gift you could get type thing.

We may push our spouses away but we still want the love and know we are loved no matter how assy we act. And we can do a number at times.

6. scarlette_crimson

scarlette_crimson Active Member

JEN
    Wow kimG's idea was great if my husband had time to take to some quiet place i'd love it to death!Then again a nice motercycle ride some where would be thrilling and exilarating.But I still say fishing is pure heaven. good luck!

7. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi there thanks for your answers I bought him a Barramundi fishing trip for his birthday earlier this year he enjoyed that. He even caught a fish that we ate for tea.
    Jen

8. scarlette_crimson

scarlette_crimson Active Member

Sounds romantic to me