• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

40 Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you ALL so much.

It's been ok.

I didn't do anything stupid like get hammered last night or cry or anything. lol

I woke up this morning and all my parts are working normal-like and my face didn't crack and slide off in the night.

I went to the store today and no small children were pointing and laughing and saying "she's 40!"

I think it's gonna be okay. ;)

I love the advice and comments here. Thank you all again.

I'm going to a small dinner get together with just a handful of my close friends tonight.

Whoo. Socializing. Haven't done that in a while. Wish me luck!

:)

m1

Happy Birthday M1! I can't think what else to add to what's already been said, except that if 20 is the new 40, does that make me a 3 year old?? ;) I am 23. I hope you have a great day, you sound like a fun person, and remember you are only a day older than you were yesterday!

Only thing I like about getting older is that the older I get the more younger women I can play with. :crazy:

M1...happy birthday! I'm coming up on my 40th here in a few months. It's funny, when I hit 30 I went through all of this mental drama. I'm getting older, 1/3 of my life is over, blah, blah, blah. I've found that my 30's have been a time of great discovery (of myself and lots of things in the world). A friend (who's in her early 40's) told me that my 40's will be even better than that. I'm hoping that each upcoming decade will get better and better. Besides, 40 may be the new 20...but what 20 year old has the moxy that we 40 (and almost 40) year olds have?? You have to live to get that.

My husband just turned 42 last weekend and he's still a big kid at heart. It's all about how you feel rather than a number that's given to carry for a year.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back