• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

5 years of healing.... a thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurenRose

Confident
Hello friends. 5 years ago I found this forum and it saved my life. I had no community except you. You listened to me in my darkness and responded by folding me into your understanding and normalizing my PTSD symptoms proving to my scared little girl self that I was not broken, defective, unworthy - that I had PTSD and that was all. 5 years ago I was afraid of myself because I didn't know what was going on with me. You taught me what dissociation is, what the common symptoms of PTSD are that terrify the unknown, how to cope and manage living this uncertain life with an uncertain future. You showed me how to begin to heal and learn and grow and find myself in a world that no longer made sense.

Today I am different. Today I am "out the other side." Today I am stable (ish) and today I get to share with the people who come into my life scared and broken and barely holding on to their existence that there is a way. Today I get to sit with them in the darkness of their pit and hold their hand or put my arm around them and pull them in close and whisper that there is hope. There is a way out. There is relief and it is coming.

Thank you myptsd forum. Thank you for your part in my healing, in giving me a life, in equipping me so I too can be a useful tool in easing the suffering of my kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back