1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

9/11 Wife - Husband Hurt in WTC Disaster

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jaynea, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaynea

Jaynea Member

I'm still real new and nervous but a friend suggested I try to get some online support. My husband was hurt at the WTC when the first tower collapsed. He is still gentle and sweet but he has gone from being a little quirky to really eccentric. He is reclusive and nervous and obsessed..It's hard- OF course you all know that...Anyway Like I said I'm new and just wanted to "break the ice"

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Welcome Jaynea. I'm glad you've found us. I am a ptsd'er and not a spouse, but I do know that we have a wonderful group here. I encourage you to see if your spouse will come online here and just check us out. Read a few threads and see how he feels.

Once again, welcome. I look forward to your posts...:smile:

4. desert4now

desert4now Active Member

Jaynea,
    Welcome to this place. It helps so much!!

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Jaynea, glad you found us. Jaynea, the spouse support here is growing immensely, and now contains a very good support base for spouses. It is just as hard for spouses as it is for the sufferer, sometimes harder. People ignore the spouse too often, where the spouses are a direct reflection upon the sufferer, and also must look after themselves at the same time, independently from the sufferer, or else the spouse ends up with huge issues also.

Glad you found us, and look forward to chatting more with you.

6. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Welcome Jaynea.
    Come & join us in the spouse section. Hope your taking care of yourself.

7. Jaynea

Jaynea Member

Thanks so much for the welcome. I'm still reading everyone's post to get a feel of the boards...Like I said I'm new to this. We just passed the anniversary of 9/11 and my husband had a very rough time...Hyper anxiety, no sleep strange behavior (he shook talcum powder all over the bathroom to simulate what happened to him.) He is retired/disabled now and sits home waiting for me......I wish I could find him an interest. He has been "shopping" for a car for four years now...Oh well. Thanks for listening.

8. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Hi Jaynea,

Welcome to the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar