1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

A Bit Overwhelmed at Present

Discussion in 'General' started by zoe, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

A bit overwhelmed

I'm hiding out in here because I didn't know this thread was here so maybe not that many people do. Just don't know how to handle all this for the moment - I'm sure this will pass but - just one of those moments when it feels like I can't do this anymore My husband isn't well, I'm caring for my inlaws who are not well at all, and my 3rd surgery this year has resulted in an infection and I just want to ignore it because it just pisses me off that any more can go wrong with my life right now. The fact that my counselor is on vacation probably isn't helping but I am going to talk to someone later. It seems that insomnia and dissasociation, flashbacks, etc have increased dramatically this week and I am rambling and probably not making any sense but writing helped me cry which feels better.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. 9Lives

9Lives Active Member

hi there

I'm sorry you're overwhelmed. It sounds like you've got a lot going on! And, the more stress you have, the worse the PTSD symptoms are (I'm in the same boat). I've been typing & crying here too lately but, it seems to be helping. I'm thinking a bit more clearly anyhow. Good luck & hope things settle down for you... keep on typing!

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Your plate is full, let it out. Venting does wonders. Do not ignore infection! It may rightly piss you off but care for yourself. Do you have no other help within reach? Take a day pass here or there? Being ill with insomnia will make PTSD go berserk. Try to rest if you can and heal. Being in top health will do a great deal in the mental area. Good luck.

5. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses. I originally posted this elsewhere with a different title and was furious when I saw it here. It scared me that I got so angry about something like that. It's been a really rough week. Part of me has really wanted to give up but part of me doesn't. I'm not good at doing this posting stuff but it was nice to get a couple responses even though I felt like I sounded stupid, but I guess I always think that.

In the very short time I've been here I've found a lot of info but being here is very scary for me too. It is only the 2nd time in my life that I have heard/read so much that I related to - the first time being a treatment center for trauma which didn't work out to well.

Take care,
    jmp

6. skyeblue

skyeblue New Member

please someone tell me... i wonder off and it makes me forget what is going on... like i am not connected.... how does it get fixed? how do i start internalizing and stop dissasociating? i hate it because i can not remember things when i am like this.

7. sunnydaze

sunnydaze Well-Known Member

zoe,
    Too bad so many complications at once. Take one day, one moment at a time. I too cried as I started posting on this forum. It was so overwelming to realize so many people suffer from this disorder of PTSD and whatever other titles we get labeled with.
    sunnydaze

8. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

I am also overwhelmed at this time. When I get like this I make lists of things to do no matter how small. I've learned to take things in small pieces and break down the big jobs into smaller ones.

It doesn't always help, but I also keep a list of all the things I did do and that always makes me feel better. I just keep plodding along tackling things as they come up.

I get exhausted when I feel overwhelmed and sometimes even freeze so I can't do anything. It is very frustrating. I feel so unproductive in all aspects.