• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News A Crime In The News Leads To Numbness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyKat

MyPTSD Pro
To reduce the potential triggering, I won't go into specifics. There are so damn many stories like these, many of them very close to the hearts of people on this board. So the specifics don't matter. If anyone is interested, it made the national news.

Trigger Warning:
A little girl was murdered a day or two ago by an older neighbor boy that she, apparently, trusted.

I once trusted an older neighbor boy. He was about 14 and I was about 6. Child molesters usually start at about age 14, and never stop until they're stopped. Apparently, it's still the same almost 50 years later, because it just keeps happening.

In any case, I must be numb about it, because right now, I'm not triggered, I'm sorta angry and kinda sad. Sorta kinda. It's like its just another fact. It happened fairly close to home and it really bothers me that I don't feel anything. I guess it will come later.

And it could have been me so easily. If I had fought back or screamed or told someone, I might be dead and he might still be in jail. There have been thousands of moments that I wished he had killed me.

So how does a 15 year old learn (because he had to have learned) to lure his victim? What was it that motivated him to do such a thing? I don't know the particulars about this case, but its safe to say that here, were talking about a victim that became an abuser. $20 says he learned it close to home, just like the perp that hurt me.

Seeing this girl's pictures on the net, I realize that no, it would not have been better that he killed me. Because if he had, I (and we) wouldn't be here to try, in our small way, to do something to stop this shit.

I'm feeling much like you do, WilyKat.It really sucks that this psychopath is still out there. I have no idea why they do what they do. And I don't think I want to understand, really. I just want them to be sent away for life.

Sometimes, I used to envy people who died with sexual/physical assault.I figured that at least they didn't have to live with PTSD. I know that's extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back