• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

A Doctor With Compassion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been struggling A LOT lately. Today I had an appointment with my orthopedic doctor for my shoulder tendinitis (which resulted from a car accident that start my whole spiral into what is now my life). Anyway, my doctor knows about my past struggles and my DID. She started by asking how everyone was and then when I said we were going through a rough patch she checked in about safety and whether I needed to get to the ER. I declined and she didn't push.

I had to get cortisone shots today in my shoulder and I have a part who takes that on for me. I explained this to the doctor and she accepted it without missing a beat and talked to that part specifically while doing the shots. I didn't feel a thing and my part was fine.

I had a self-inflicted wound on my arm which she noticed. She took a look at it and tenderly re-wrapped it. She didn't lecture me at all, only wanted to make sure it wasn't infected.

She kept telling me at the end that my safety is important and she's gotten attached to seeing me so she hopes I will take care and do what I need to to keep myself safe. I share this on hear because I know there are a lot of bad experiences that people have with doctors (myself included) and it was nice to have a good experience especially during such a low period.

This is so great.
Reassurance, validation, compassion, genuine care ...

Is it possible for you to contact the office / go online and provide positive feedback for this doctor?

Thank you for sharing with us. A reminder good people are out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back