• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

A Good Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkinmama

Confident
Today was a good day. I had a Therapist appointment...yes my Dr works on Sunday. Jellybean was awesome she laid quietly next to me on the bus,train, waiting room and in my dr's personal office. She got to wear her new vest.I may have to get it adjust a bit as it is slightly too big for her. She accepted it in stride as it is a saddle bag type vest.

In the session I read the letter I wrote and read to my abusive ex husband. My therapist was very impressed and congratulated me on taking such a big step. She knows how hard it was as my ex is a huge trigger for me so for me to do this was big. I also discussed with her about my nightmares i am having and speculated it was because the end of the month is the anniversary of my last suicide attempt were i almost succeeded 11 years ago. I reminded her Oct is always hard for me BUT I am coping much better and now I have Jellybean she has been a huge help which my therapist agrees

I got to do some positive Service Dog awareness. A few people asked me questions about Service Dogs. A couple people had known someone who had some experience with Service Dogs but was curious on the process so I told them about what it takes to get a dog, the training that is involved. It was a great opportunity. They were shocked when I told them Jellybean will be 8 months on Wed they commented how well behaved she was. Made me proud :) I have a long way to go but we as a team have come so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back