• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

A Hopeful Tip For Quitting Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

James B.

MyPTSD Pro
Hello everyone,

Discovered this one a bit late, as I was already several months nicotine free. But have been using it and it seems to be another one of those perhaps odd or uncanny little deals that could possibly really work.

This one came from Stanley Burroughs tiny yellow book: The Master Cleanser (with Special Needs and Problems). When one feels to urge to smoke, simply put a tiny drop of clove oil on finger tip, and dab it onto the back part of the tongue. Whoa! It's kinda strong.

I like using it in the morning, it seems to get my mind off coffee, too. Maybe this can help with other addictive/compulsive stuff? Hey...maybe it's worth a try? "Check the ingredients" and YMMV (your mileage may vary). :D

DSCF2308.JPG

Yours in better health!

I can only imagine that clove oil on the back of your tongue, would linger for a long time, and stop you wanting to put anything in your mouth, except may be a ciggy, to get rid of the horrible taste!!!

Sorry, I'm not dismissing this idea, (just being a bit silly!). Maybe when I'm ready to quit I'll give it a go.

Congrats on being smoke free - well done :D

To me, cherryblossom, the clove oil doesn't really taste horrible, it radiates a pungent sensation. According to Stanley Burroughs, "this is the easy way if you really want to quit". It's cheap too.

He's got a bunch of stuff in his book (kind of a cult classic I guess) such as: Bay Rum, Camphor, Castor oil (been helping connective tissue inflamation my hands) and Honey (for topical use only). He mainly suggests oil of clove for topical use as well; canker sores, insect bites, bee stings, poison oak, stinging nettles and...skin cancer.

You know for some people that could be a good thing to try, I think I'd be interested being a very addictive person.
Something like putting a drop on when I need the nicotine might work, might work for my over eating as well.

The most effective method I have heard of is to get a mason jar and put some water in it, then toss all of your butts in there until it is mostly full and profoundly disgusting, keeping it sealed all the time. Then you open the jar and take a good whiff every time you want a cigarette. The smell should be totally repulsive, wet cigarettes locked in a glass container for a long time and such.

The idea is that it is not only overwhelmingly disgusting but irrevocably related to the cigarettes themselves. It is definitely a cigarette smell, just the worst kind that I could conceive. Once after a very, very long roadtrip, I was throwing away giant cups of partially full soda from fast food places we'd stopped. I took a quick sip of mine before I threw it away. Someone had thrown a butt in there! Christ, I thought I was going to die. The thought of having a cigarette made me nauseous for several hours.

Though, lighting the wrong end of a cigarette as well as lighting a cigarette too quickly with a match--thus me inhaling a bunch of burning awful sulfur fumes--was also devastating and made me not want to smoke for a significant period of time. Yikes. Just thinking about it makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back