1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

A Little Celebration - 2yr Old Potty Trained

Discussion in 'Social' started by Nam, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Just wanted to share that the worst (so far) part of parenthood is over! My two year old is officially potty trained....YES!!!!! Now, instead of cleaning her poo, I now have the priviledge of seeing her undies at her ankles while her cute little naked bum runs to the bathroom! I love it!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

That is great! We still have to do a diaper for over night, but sure is nice just one diaper a day. Now that she has the workings of the potty down have a plunger ready! I swear my little one is always finding something to flush that did not come out of her. Today it was a roll of toilet paper, before that it was a bar of soap, before that I don't know, it took a lot of plunging and it pushed what ever it was through, but what baffled me was a feather came up????

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

LOL!!!!:rofl:

You crack me up! You know, my oldest one had a problem with using too much toilet paper...like the whole roll. Well, finally, I said, "Just six sheets. You can count to six." And now she comments on how much I'M using.... Don't you just hate it when your kid is telling you the exact same thing that you just told them??

Both of my daughters have been dry through the night for a while now. I'm still too chicken not to have pull ups on the little one. She's soooo little. She's just a hair over 20lbs. So I doubt her little bladder can hold much...but she holds it till morning! My oldest, who is now four, did not potty train until about six months ago. So this is a very, very, VERY, nice break.

I know a friend of mine when he was little, totally broke the family toilet. He was experimenting with the toilet's flushability by putting his mothers tampons in it. Then he decided to add some pads to the mix....and tried to flush. Well, that ended up in a whole new piping and toilet. So..veiled, put your foot down! A feather?? I've got to ponder that a moment......

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Ah yes... how I am waiting for this day myself....

6. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

yah! nam, potty-training days for me are long over, but how i remember them! now, you'll get some extra exercise making a mad dash when your out somewhere and she's dancing! have fun!

7. annafennutchi

annafennutchi Active Member

Hooray!! Good for you, what a task! I thought my days of potty training were over. (my kids-not me) New one comming along nicely.

8. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

This thread has made me laugh more than I've done for a long time!!! I am concerned about the feather though! I hope it wasn't attached to its bird!

Anthony - you'll be waiting a long time for the end of diapers with the new babe on the way! Don't want to burst your bubble, but hey.....let's get real here!

9. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Good to hear from you Anna! So glad that the babe is coming along....

Well, my days as a potty trainer are done...however I forgot to mention to my daughter that we only go in the toilet, a specific one. How I missed this, I don't know. Yesterday, I went down to the family room because I kept hearing grunts. A thought went through that she could be pooping on the carpet???!!! So I raced down there to find her squatting on a stainless steel bowl (it's the sink in her new kitchen playset) just big enough for her butt to fit....pooping. She sees me and says, "A new potty, mama!" Well, to say the least, I just let her do it. My as well not interrupt. But a new rule to add to the potty training guidebook: specify which toilet to use.....

10. annafennutchi

annafennutchi Active Member

By the way Nam, I also get repramanded for my toilet paper usage by my 5 year old.:crazy-eye

11. cdunny

cdunny Active Member

awwww... I cant wait till my little girl gets older and is potty trained. But then I wont get the pleasure of hearing my husband call out for reinforcements when he has to change a poopy diaper. Hes like "Oh my gosh its like biological warfare". haha.

12. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

:rofl: Nam, thanks for posting that, I needed it! I have not had that pleasure this time around! But with 4 kids I swear I have seen it all, I could only imagine what 5 would do to me :loopy: My oldest used to go on my oldest daughters "kitchen" that had stools connected. He would leave stools on her stools ha ha ha... He would also go outside and do it saying that the dogs did. My little one, she tries to go out on the deck and will stand on the edge to try and pee off, because the boys do. I swear with boys and not being in the city they think they can pee *any where* (they need retraining)! And I try like the devil to tell little one she just does not have that capability.

13. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

That's hilarious!!

A famous story in our family was when my brother was 5 and I was 2 (and still in diapers). My brother pee'd out the screen window of our front door and blamed it on me!!

We still chuckle about that one. Gotta love kids!!

Bec