1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

A Little More Background

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by Yellowbug, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yellowbug

Yellowbug New Member

Ok, here's where I'm coming from. And I know I have a lot of anger and issues to work through myself. And I'm trying. I have a new therapist appt for Thursday.

Carl and I married in 1994. I was 21, he was 20. (six months between us) He had just gotten out of basic and was sent to Ft. Campbell KY. He served honorably in a "peacetime army" until 2001. We were apart alot. And the last year in, he went to Korea, which is unaccompanied.

August 2004 been out of service 4 years. Gets a letter notifiying him that he is part of the Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR). He must report to Ft. Jackson, SC 13 October. I send him off. He hits Kuwait on New Year's Eve 2004. He goes to Iraq and then returns to Kuwait December 2005. He is home 21 Dec 2005. So it's been a little over a year. And it has been a lot of hard times. First convincing him he did have a problem, then convincing him to get help, then getting him the help and where we are now, which is good days, bad days and so on.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Yellowbug.

Good on you for seeing someone for yourself. I have my own doc too.

Hope things are going well for you & your hubby at the moment.

Take care of yourself.

4. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

Hello Yellowbug,

I second jods. I'm glad to see you are also getting the support you need. Is hubby willing to get some help? Can you get help together as a couple as well? I am glad you are here. Look forward to getting to know you better. Is hubby on the forum? There's alot of folks get alot of help here just by being listened to and validated by that supportive listening.

Take gentle care of yourself,
    Marilyn S. also from MO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

User search cloud:

1. little more background on him

Show Sidebar