• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

A Step In The Right Direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purl04

New Here
Hey all,

I wanted to post a little bit about the things I've been struggling with lately...

I have been dealing with very extreme and strong feelings of anger about how I've been and am being treated by loved ones and it's getting to breaking point as I'm not sure I can contain this anger any longer. The anxiety I feel is worsening also and I am very close to being unable to cope.

So today I made a very important decision, I rang the mental health team and referred myself after a very disheartening call to my gp (the receptionist told me that despite me having overdosed and self harmed quite severely and also having been put on safeguard my gp had absolutely no record of this) but anyway I have a gp appt next Wednesday which may help and will hopefully receive a call through in the coming days to find out of my referral has been successful.

I am terrified of going on medication but I think therapy may be a good path to go down. I know CBT isn't really going to work for me as I've done it before and recently it hasn't made a difference at all so hopefully they'll have some answers for me and help me stop having nightmares and feeling so anxious and angry.

Will probably post another update when I know if and what kind of therapy I'll be undergoing.

I am sorry you are struggling but hopefully you will get the help that you need and start moving forward. I know that this was hard to take the steps that you did today but they are for the future. You can do this, take care of yourself and take it a step at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back