• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

A Walk A Day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking at lunch is great, Definitely. I went to the gym today and did the treadmill for a reasonable length of time; felt more clear-headed afterward although briefly. Looking forward to the snow being gone so I can walk outside at lunch without falling on my rear.

I'm planning on going out and about today... so walking is definitely on the agenda. I've been off track on exercise, but if I manage to get to all the stores on the list (3 or 4) and walk through them all at a quick pace just trying to get the lists done for about two hours total... well, I've decided that counts for something! :wacky: Then tomorrow I'll go to the gym. :joyful:

I walked and walked and walked yesterday between three different stores. I even felt it in my legs a little bit last night and this morning. So goal accomplished! :joyful:

Everyone around here needs a day off to recharge, so I'm not going to worry about getting to the gym today (my husband would have to drive me and the roads aren't great after the snow last night). I might try to get in some exercise at home, if time permits. We'll see. And tomorrow the kids are off from school, so we're gonna concentrate on fun stuff and I'm not going to worry about fitting in a trip to the gym or whatever. But on Tuesday I'm really hoping to get back on track. This is just really good of me... to have the kinda casually decided idea to exercise as soon as I can, and kinda looking forward to it as something special to do for myself, but not stressing over it by saying "I must do this today!" That's really good progress for me! :smug:

@greenleaf... LOL! :laugh: Ah, I see you are a slave to your feline overlord, LOL! :roflmao:

We have Guinea pigs. They're like crazy, nervous, needy cats with PTSD. :confused: I love sitting and holding them, but it's kinda funny how easily they get startled and jump down and run off to hide.

I want to start walking everyday. I also like to swim. I have to start out swimming 10 minutes at a time and it seems like such a long process to get the 10 minutes in. I want to work up to an hour of laps again, but since my last back surgery I have only been once and I hurt for a week.

Oh @DharmaGirl, you should totally go swimming. I wish I could go swimming... actually, maybe I should check out this other gym (I'm thinking about getting a new gym membership) that does have a pool. I'm so sorry you had to have back surgery... that must be so painful... but exercise is always good, I think, to make sure you stay in the best possible health. Like @greenleaf said, I hope you get a chance to start swimming and/or walking.

Well... today was a busy day. I ran around the house all day long, up and down the stairs (we live in a 3 story townhouse) and so I'm going to count that. The only time I sat down was for breakfast and lunch and to color pictures with my daughter. So there was never a moment to even think about exercising at home (yoga or Zumba or whatever) and there was no way I was going to go to the gym... the snow was REALLY coming down and the roads were terrible. So... if the roads are better, maybe tomorrow. Or maybe my daughter K and I will get all dolled up in snow pants and boots and gloves and hats and scarves and go walk through the big drifts of snow... now that's a workout! I don't envy those of you who have to shovel (our association hires a company to do that), because it's been a big year for snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back