• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Able To Work A Little

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodge

MyPTSD Pro
Well, when I was on the forum several years ago, I was getting laid off from my job (which was my lifelong career) and was actually looking forward to it, because it was so hard to do anymore. Since a couple of years ago, though, I've been working part-time for my mom -- another major hurdle jumped!-- and I'm doing okay with it. I can't work every day, or even every week, but I do what I can when I can, and my mom is totally understanding of that. She might suspect she had something to do with my PTSD and lets me work when I can. Still, there are rare occasions when I have to do something like right now, during the day, and I do them, as hard and triggering as that is. I really can only work when I get up in the middle of the night. I'm not sure why that is, but that's the way it is. Anyway, working in any capacity is a real success for me and I'm glad to be feeling at least a little productive again!

Hey, That's great! I think you should be proud of yourself. And if working in the middle of the night works best for you, and your mom is cool with that, that is even better.

Personally, I have not been able to work, I am on Social Security Disability and I have been since 2002. I have never been able to work more than 4 months before something clicks in and I find I need to take some time off. So you are doing better than I am in the area of work. All power to you.

So awesome that you're working in a positive direction! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back