• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Absolutely mortified

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have NEVER been booted from any apartment, so I have no idea where that came from. Seriously Casey a crying kid is not a major issue. Kids cry all the time. It's what thy do!!!!

@She Cat So you didn't post about your landlord selling your building and you needing to move out? This was not you? Million Dollar Headache With Landlord

I seem to remember you getting very bent out of shape when people commented and told you it wasn't that big of a deal. And yet here you are, trolling my thread in exactly the same way.

A crying kid is not a major issue TO YOU. A crying kid and struggling mother unable to get medical care because she has no f*cking help or money is not a major issue TO YOU. A crying kid with a mother completely without any form of support is not a major issue TO YOU.

And yet I had the decency to NOT troll your threads on "menial issues" and minimize your ordeal.

Clearly I need to give him up for adoption. There must be something deeply wrong with me for getting so upset about something that is apparently so trivial. Really, why am I crying?

Yes, I know I should have found someone to watch him, but how do I do that with no money?
Nope, I don't agree with this. I personally think it's perfectly reasonable for a single mother to bring an infant for medical care that the mother needs.

This type of Mum-Shaming makes me really mad, because we know how vulnerable mums are to this sort of harrassment, and the staff of the practice had the opportunity to set the scene for the other patients: we offer medical treatment here, so tolerance is required when people need to access our care.

To me, this would be on a par with refusing treatment to someone in a wheelchair on the basis that their wheelchair was causing an inconvenience to other patients.

@Casey_03 - consider starting a trauma diary. A number of the issues you are struggling with have to do with the day-to-day of being a single mother; I'm sure that you would get supportive comments there, if you wished for them, and you would not be opening so many threads that you clearly intend as vents or shares, rather than questions to the community.

Yep, it's so "menial" to me that I came home and self-harmed for the first time in nearly 15 years. Silly me, getting upset and thinking about hanging herself over "menial issues" like realizing she's completely on her own with a child that she probably should give up for addoption, because she can't cut it anymore.
This is where the PTSD ties in to what you experienced. Had you posted this at the outset, I suspect people would have had more useful things to suggest.

I am not telling you that your problems do not belong here; I want to be very clear about that. But you'll either need to think, when you post, about how you are looking for specific feedback on your PTSD issues, OR - if you'd rather not have to worry about that, and just need to write your feelings out and be heard, the diary format would be the right place for you to do that.

If you have questions, bring them to a help ticket.

This thread will remain locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back