• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Abused Isolated Veteran

Status
Not open for further replies.

andmatt

New Here
I was abused in middle school and high school both verbally and physically. I never sought help for what it did to me and made it through four years in the Navy while doing an in patient rehab program for alcohol. After returning home I never made any real effort to get help and ended up isolating myself to the point where I didn't know where to go or what to do. I pushed myself into a major depression and with my fathers help financially I was able to pull myself out of it but still haven't sought a therapist. I've seriously contemplated suicide a number of times in the last year and throughout my life but have recently been feeling much better. I've also self harmed in a number of ways but haven't in some time.

My mother passed away last week and it caused me to start drinking again. I have much better control over myself and I'm starting to be able to speak about my problems with my family but I still have terrible anxiety and trouble concentrating.

Thanks for making this forum.
Matt

Hi Matt, I'm new here too. I'm in isolation as well. My deepest condolences for the loss of your mother. From what I'm reading of other posts, many people here are going through the same things. I hope you find some comfort here, as I have already found in just a very short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back