1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Accident - Damn Car Accidents

Discussion in 'Social' started by piglet, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Had a prang when I was driving back from therapy today. I'm ok, and so was the other driver. The asshole who caused the accident (doing an undertaking move) didn't stop. Will have to get onto the insurance company tomorrow. Fortunately I took out protected no claims, so I will only have to pay the excess charges. Could have done without it though, cos I'm a bit under pressure financially.

I wish I had waited an hour before driving home, as it was raining, dark and rush hour. I'll learn from it and wait til later next time.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Boo-Damphir

Boo-Damphir Active Member

I'm glad you are ok Piglet, it sure could have gone bad in a split second. Sorry to hear about having to shell out money for car repairs though, bad timing or not. Who knows? Maybe this smaller accident detained you so you wouldn't be involved in a larger one somewhere down the road (??)

4. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Piglet, glad to hear you're okay. The small accidents can be just as traumatizing as the big ones. Take some pain killers or muscle relaxers, as you'll be feeling it soon.

5. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

i'm glad you're ok, too, piglet! be careful. there are crazy drivers everywhere.

6. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Sorry about the accident today with you Piglet. Hope the cost to you is not too much and glad you're O.K. Raining, dark and rush hr., that there is enough to cause stress alone, not incl. the accident. Take it easy won't you, and hope all goes well.

7. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

Hi Piglet, that just sucks...I probably would've lost it and caused even more damage to the car! Glad you're OK. Any chance the bugger who caused the accident was caught on camera (licence plate and all)?

8. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. Feeling ok this morning - just a bit frustrated. Spent a while last night thinking "if only" etc, but have now realised that shit happens. My first accident in 12 years of driving, so that's not too bad.

No chance of getting mad driver's details unfortunately. Driver I hit is ok - phoned her a little while ago. Her bumper is only scratched, so hopefully, it won't cost much to sort out. My car has a dented and scratched wing.

At least it's just car damage. It could have been a whole lot worse.

9. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Hey Piglet,

Good to hear that you are okay. Can replace cars, people not so easy to replace. Had a dingle myself the other day but that's the pregnancy brain kicking in. Got out of the car, sorted it out (hardly any damage) and didn't even think to be concerned about me or the baby until I got home and Anthony said something about the airbag not going off and me being okay. Shock hit me little later.

10. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Piglet,

Glad you're ok and you're car's repairable. Too bad there's no way to get the driver who caused the accident and give you five minute in a locked room with him/her. :fight:

11. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Piglet, glad your ok. I am also glad that by your second post, you answered what I was going to throw your way anyway. Well done. We can't change what will happen in the unknown, that is why its the unknown. Well done piglet, and very glad your all ok and in one piece. I think you have enough to deal with lately than be smashed up also.

12. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Glad you're okay, piglet. Car accidents can be pretty scary, but you seem to have the right attitude about it all!

13. Farmer

Farmer Active Member

Glad you are ok, I hope someone got the lic# of the jerk who caused it.