1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Acronym preview

Discussion in 'Military & Emergency Services' started by Deadman, May 10, 2017.

1. Deadman

Deadman Well-Known Member

Sometimes I'm totally baffled at my own ignorance of PTSD. Maybe I've just isolated myself so much but I totally missed the film's existence. Has anyone seen it? What did you think?

ACRONYM Preview

ACRONYM Film Trailer

tlc, The Albatross and Esterio like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Esterio

Esterio Well-Known Member Premium Member Donated

I just watched a few of the trailers. It was a little to much for me to watch at this point in time. I am not a vet so I can not give you a point of view from that angle. I can tell you that I do know that feeling of being the last one with someone as their life comes to a sudden end the last words I do not remember but I will never forget the life leaving this guys eyes. I haunts me still today and that was in the mid 70's. Was a car accident and the guy that died had stopped to help and make sure everyone was ok. This guy was a hero to me. I couldn't go any further yet. I will try to watch more at a later date. Thanks for posting it ,there is a lot to understanding PTSD. Films like this will do a lot to get the word out about PTSD and our vets from all wars.
    thanks Deadman
    Peace be safe

ladee, Hardtke and Deadman like this.
  4. Deadman

Deadman Well-Known Member

I understand that. Don't watch any more than you can tolerate. Peace friend.

ladee and Esterio like this.
  5. Hardtke

Hardtke New Member

Estro,
    Not sure if it's even anything you want talked about.. but I'll say this, atleast someone was there with him to care enough to watch him pass the divide.. Although this is a hard burden to carry, you should be honored to have been there with him.. Takes a hell of a person to stand that post. I know I'd appreciate it.. -H

ladee and Esterio like this.
  6. leehalf

leehalf Well-Known Member

I watched the trailer and it would definitely trigger my Vet.....he has said " I don't want my past to define me. I want a happy life". He has lost 3 of his teammates to suicide and was suicidal himself for quite awhile. Now he WANTS to live and he does find joy in life again. I think his faith in God helps him. He was religious prior to the military. He told me he can remember the exact moment he stopped believing in God. He asked the question how could a loving God do this. His answer was it isn't God, it's the devil. He had to stop believing to be able to see and do all the things he did. It took him a while to find the faith again and it is life changing for him.. Not sure why I felt the need to say this but....

7. Esterio

Esterio Well-Known Member Premium Member Donated

-It is something that affects me a lot talking about but it is getting a little easier every time I tell it. I still drive by the spot a lot.
    I entered a post in Trauma Diaries
    Hi Everyone This Is What I'm Upto At This Point In Time
    It has some other stuff but it tells of that accident
    Thanks for your interest

ladee likes this.