• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Addictions/ Life Changes- Does Anyone Want To Partner Up For Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinyflame

MyPTSD Pro
I got an idea from a help site for a different issue, they have a concept of partnering up for accountability. That is, a person or group pairs up & checks on each other daily (here on the forum) to encourage/ follow through/ vent the challenges/ remind each other. I'm wondering if anyone would like to do this, if it makes sense? I am under awful stress & awful stress at home. I have zero support at home, so it would be a bit of a refuge.

I will start: I can't get through so much of what I need to do, so I'm breaking it down in to a couple of areas to try to accomplish:

1. Stop smoking cigarettes
2. Check in here each day & be honest
3. Do my back exercises
4. Do not act on SI (happens when I try to quit)

Would anyone want to join me? Does anyone want to be accountable for anything they need to do daily in their life, eg. responsibilities, weight-loss/ gain, addictions, self-care etc? (Without self-reproach or shame or self-blame). Just accountability & reminders of why we're doing it & support/ tips. One goal.

What do you think? (I'm down to one cigarette which I'm about to light & I don't want to buy more. :nailbiting: )

I'm hoping a daily goal accomplished may help accomplish more goals, maybe lead to better grounding & self-esteem or self-worth, get through the hardest parts, & lead to some new realizations. Maybe we can shed some light on each other's struggles, & roll it in to other goals.

Thanks to all! :)

Last edited:
Been in the throws off stepping down cigarettes. However, I am doing it in stages. Be glad to share with you if you wish and be accountable. I did not see this as I was jones-ing and laying low.

I have successfully thus far switched to a 'natural tobacco' which is in itself no small feat. I have the links in my diary concerning the number of additives (roughly over 400) and the amount of chemical combinations when lit...over 4000 in the USA. I went through sweats, mood swings, illness and shakes for the last three or four days...I lost correct count as I was fried. However, today I am doing better and feeling like an old punching bag.

So we can do it here or there...but as I am doing it...climb on board my friend. :hug::hug::hug:

*However...I am not going cold turkey so I can talk to you about cession aides and methods that I am doing if you desire.

Dear @Recovery4Me , I'm sorry I posted this, I remembered, & then forgot I did. I thought it was a lost cause. I suppose it wasn't the brightest idea- in fact I'm not sure I understand the concept of the idea entirely, except for it being facilitating being more likely to remember. Or perhaps I understand too well- & don't want to quit & therefore don't want the accountability! In retrospect I don't want to drag anyone down, either. But thank you.

Anyway, I read of your success in your diary & wish you the best!! :hug: I did try 'vaping' on the weekend, works better than I'd expect. Like the fact it doesn't stink, doesn't taste bad, & actually cuts the cravings. Also that you can take only a few (or even one) puff & if that's enough that's enough. Mind you the vapor ingredients probably cause cancer as well lol. :rolleyes:

Hugs to you. We can PM or skip it. My motivation is not spending on them, but otherwise I suspect it may not be likely I will ever manage it.

:hug: :hug: :hug: to you. :inlove:

(PS, feel free to write "Grrrrrrr!" :mad: in here at any time if necessary. :) I know you are/ will accomplish it. :tup: :) :hug: )

Vaporizing is a plus Junebug!:tup: I just recently learned of third hand smoke harm:nailbiting:. So you are doing well as a weekend warrior!! :hug::hug:

Haha well not really @Recovery4Me because I smoked the ciggies as well. However it's about a $100 investment originally with only about 1$ per day afterwards if you don't overdo it. Four ingredients in the vapor, all originating from foods. (Of course delivered to the body @400-500+ degrees however.) But in Canada cigs are very expensive, the cheapest being 14-15$/ pack, hugely taxed. I swear as more people quit/ die off they tax the ciggies even higher, to make up for the deficit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back