1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Afraid to Sleep - Nightmare After Nightmare Last Night

Discussion in 'Sleep & Nightmares' started by Josh77, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

Last night I awoke from a nightmare in panic, went back to sleep for 20 minutes, woke up in a panic from another nightmare, and again the same thing, and again one or two more times!! The nightmares resembled a particular violent event that happened to me... the one where i was beaten half to death by gang members trying to rob me. It felt so REAL!! They just kept happening over and over again. I will try to stop posting about my traumas for a day or two and just read everyone elses posts for awhile because i think posting about certain events in my life have brought these nightmares on!! I'm afraid to sleep, somewhat. But, I just took my nighttime meds, so we'll see what happens. Thanks everyone for letting me take up space on this forum with my problems, but i think i will just concentrate on listening and giving you guys my support for a little while.

I will still be replying when i feel that i might be able to give someone some positive feedback; i just think i brought out too much, too quick!!

Josh

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    tired of the fight likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. bdharrel

bdharrel New Member

I can relate. I have really bad night terrors. I usually stay awake all hours of the night dreading to close my eyes.

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Josh, it is very normal when you come on here being new (or not). It is advised somewhere, in a sticky I believe, to take the new forum in bits and pieces (hard to do when so many can relate). But yes, you nailed it and may very well be the cause. The forum causes an extreme amount of stress as with so many people who relate so many have so many traumas it can be over whelming. So do not feel bad if you need to take a break. It is common for some to just touch and go on here and it is healthy for your mental well being. Take a break if you need to and remember this is not a race, but a good steady slow pace is good.

5. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

thank you for the advice. i'll just take it very slow. i just got caught up in the hope that i could get better faster if i took a fast approach. i was wrong! But i did learn a few things so far. i'm still confused about a lot of things, though... but, i guess i'll learn in time!

6. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Hang in there buddy. PM me if you need too.

7. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I got nailed by hubs tonight about rushing my recovery, it doesn't happen, no fast forward. It sets you back. I am trying to slow down. But I really have, well except a trigger I tripped but that seemed out of my control, I just had the drive in me to do it. I guess that is what he is complaining about, the after effects of it. But it felt so much like a spiritual cleansing even if I am wobbly now. But yes, slow is best so to produce least set backs.

8. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Josh I can relate to the all night terrors they just seem to keep coming one after another, hang in there from what I keep being told it does get better but I know what its like to be afraid to go to sleep but one night there will be a night that you will go to sleep and wake up and feel somewhat rested and maybe even have no nightmares.

9. motorjack

motorjack Active Member Premium Member

Josh its common i didnt sleep at all for the first four months. I cnat remember all times if waking up screaming and sweating so bad that i had to change the sheets. I found the dark scarey and ended haveing to get a nightlight at the age of 33. I still have hit or miss days of not sleeping. If you would like to chat drop me a line..always here to listen....

10. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

Thanks guys!! it really helps to know that there are people who understand!! Thanks, again, for the feedback!

11. KrispyKreme

KrispyKreme Guest

I can totally relate Josh.

So many times I dont let myself sleep so I shouldnt have nightmares.

I am sorry you are suffering with nightmares now.

12. tired of the fight

tired of the fight Active Member

@josh,

I know exactly where your coming from. Thanks for your insight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar