• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Afraid to sleep - man by front door fired 5 rounds into our house at my mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

New Here
I don't know if I'm posting in the right place. But Monday night there were 2 or 3 people scoping out our place. My mother must have startled one of them as she walked by the back door. She saw him right up at the door looking in which made her scream. He fired 5 shots thought the glass and ran. Luckily she was not hit. The police and detectives came and determined by the tracks in the yard it was at least 2 people maybe 3. We don't know why they were there. We aren't rich, don't own guns or drugs, and it was only 11pm 4 Cars in the yard and all the lights were on as everyone was up. They have a few suspects and we found a hat dropped by one of them in the brush but nobody has been arrested yet. I am afraid to fall asleep and terrified that they will come back. I am nervous all the time even during the day but I get worse as night time gets closer. I am afraid to be alone in the house in case they do come back or are watching us. But I am also afraid to leave the house and come back and find them in it. I don't know if I will ever be able to sleep again if they don't get caught. Even if they do get caught they probably won't be locked up long. I'm just so terrified that they are going to come back. If she had not walked by the door would they all have forced their way in? He was literally right up at the door looking in. Has anybody dealt with this before? How long did it take you to be able to sleep again?

Have not dealt with this exactly. Did do proactive things that help settle like change locks or upgrade to double volt system. It's going to take time for you to calm so if you can switch to day sleeping or sleeping in a way that is comfortable, where you feel protected enough to do so, work on that first. Even if it means asking someone to be around while you catch some sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back