1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Afraid to Speak Mind about God

Discussion in 'General' started by hollyberry, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

I don't know if I should give any advice. The only advice I could give, I'm afraid too because other members might not believe as I do and if they posted, they disagreed with me then that would be a trigger for me, and don't need that right now. I'm at peace right now and I need to keep this feeling I'm having for as long as I can. my only advice you can figure out if you read my dairy. Hope its not a trigger for you. Holly

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Holly, not trying to sound rude, but if you have something to say say it. The forum is not meant to be used as a scavenger hunt for advice. This person should not have to go look for your diary and read it to have an idea what you are talking about. If you want to say you think prayer or faith would help just blurt it out. No one has to agree, that is the beauty of this site, you get a lot of differing opinions and people *take what they need and leave the rest*.

vera likes this.
  4. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

because its a trigger for me when people dom't agree with me and I don't need to be triggered.

5. permban0077

Well, this thread is not about you either. It is about and for Metis. If you have advice give it. Again this forum is not meant to be used as a scavenger hunt.

6. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

I found peace today through talking with God

7. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

I'm glad you have peace with God Holly.

However, if another thread is hijacked by you, I will delete those posts instead of moving them as I did here. Please stay on topic in others threads.

bec

8. permban0077

Thanks for the clean up bec.

9. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Hollyberry, I'll share with you the recommendation that my doctor and therapist gave me 2 wks. ago following my neurobiol. testing. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that I needed and must refrain from coming on this forum ever again and for permanent.

Naturally I disagreed with such an extreme and the presumptions that must have gone into deciding this. So, I had asked her, out of my own curiosity, Why?.

She said to me, 'People that have suffered so much trauma, will often find it difficult, if not impossible, to modulate their feelings when participating in such forums.'

My point in telling you is: Just as has been kindly posted in a sticky at the top of this forum: Reading Forum Increases Symptoms. So is it true that posting, participating and interacting within the forum will, with much likelihood, surface our fears, anxieties and symptoms too.

So holly berry, if peace is what you desire, like right now, this forum then IMHO, is not the place for you to find it right away or maintain it either.

Peace and resolve is not just dropped in our laps for us, we work seriously hard at our resolve.

I too believe in God, (though I do struggle w/ my relig. relationship w/ him,) I believe that if we do our share and openly accept God’s graces along with maintaining our end and share of effort and work, perhaps even giving back when we can, that these two—Peace and Resolve do come together for us.

Those days when you’re in peace with God, holly berry, if you want to share your experience and feelings and speak your mind here, please do so. Nobody is stopping you, nor wishes to squelch you beliefs.

We can all mostly get along, bc we do do our best to respect one another and appreciate the same sort of respect in return. However, us doing cartwheels or kissing each others arse to appease others, and no matter how next to impossible and detrimental catering to another PTSD’s demands remains; This is not a viable solution. It simply doesn’t work to help. And, there is no win/win in any of this attitude or action.

There really is no intended judgement being passed here. I’m not saying that any of your impulses over the last few days are good nor bad, what I’m suggesting however is that they did occur and do effect others. And, IMHO, they're not going to work to benefit you, if continued.

So back on discussion of trying to control people, places and triggers.

Where and when do your triggers come? What path do they follow? Where do they take you personally? How much control or manageability do you yet to have over them?

If you really, really don't want to be triggered unless on your terms, I don’t know what more to say, bc this forum, though it supports and helps guide and prompt us to our continued positive actions and will, to meet our own many daily ‘real-life’ needs, it also continues to pull and pull and pull at and up even the very last bit of residue left from our unresolved trauma(s).

And, IMHO, none of the pain feels good, but the rewards do and I trust will be lasting.

Take Much Good Care, hollyberry.

Hope

10. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I don't believe in God... or the Devil for that matter. Does that make me wrong! The point of the forum Holly is for you to just post what is on your mind, and you must accept that by posting here you open yourself up to others responding. Some may support you, some may have their own opinions which differ from yours, regardless though; everyone will respect anothers opinion without attack. You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else here. So voice your opinion and be open for criticism, support, encouragement and even maybe negativity. That is the power of a forum, and tip toeing around you or any other member is not exactly going to help your self esteem improve, except merely enable your current poor self esteem. We do not enable here, we push with support.

11. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

I suppose I'm going to be evil one here.
    Holly according to your profile, you live in Delaware. Last I knew Delaware is still part of the United States. That being the case, since I know for a fact that Delaware has not seceeded from the United States, you are still entitle to you Freedom of Religion as guaranteed by the United States Constitution. Along with that there are multiple federal and even state laws that protect that very right. And THAT is, Holly, the exact reason why I enlisted in the United States Army. So that people CAN retain not just the freedom of speech, but the freedom of religion. Both are covered by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.

I am sorry that people disagreeing with you is a trigger. I hope you can find a way around that. Because though I may or may not not agree with your idea on religion, I enjoy seeing people like yourself exercising the same rights I served to protect.

You'll be in my prayers that you can resolve this trigger issue, Holly.

12. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Bingo CJ....

13. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

I believe that in the life I had before my father died. If someone did not validate your feelings then they were wrong and you weren't aloud to have them. If you cryed and didn't have a reason to cry, you got a reason to cry. If you had an opinion and someone doesn't agree with it then you couldn't have that opinion. And if the way you believed was not believed by someone then the way you believed was wrong.....I have no idea who the someone was....my dad, my mom, I had 3 older brother and 2 older sister. Can't remember any relationships I had with any of them before the age of 13. I have spent last 30 years trying to defend how I feel so I have right to feel that way. I have spent the last 30 years making sure the way I believed was the way my family believed so I could have my beliefs. I have spent the last 30 years trying to make sure noone gets made at me so they won't leave me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar