• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Almost Fainting

• Thread starter Deleted member 28403
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 28403

Quite a few times a day, it happens to me that I nearly faint. My vision blurs completely, I feel really dizzy, nearly fall and I can be like that for up to a minute...

It happens quite often. Also I feel... Floatey...

Yep, I'm asking for any advice regarding that and how to fix it. I'm not sure if it had to do with sleep, as even today, after two days of sleeping pills and full nights if sleep, it's happening...

Thank you for reading

@shimmerz

Hm, I will see what I can do, thank you for suggestion!

I ussually self-harm to get out of any state I don't want to be, so thats an ongoing problem... Natural instinct when dissociating is to inflict pain to myself. Recently been getting to flesh :(

I will try with sour stuff, maybe carrying pepper or something. :p

It usually only happens to me when I forget to breathe (I can hold my breath for roughly 2 minutes these days, used to be better, but it's still long enough I can forget I'm doing it)... Or when I'm hyperventilating (same problem, too much co2, not enough o2). In both cases, I get a little high on the oxygen deprivation / hence the floaty feeling, and I'm already triggered so the body's natural response to lack of oxygen (anxiety!) just passes me by. World narrows & goes grey, and I lose muscle control! from one moment to the next. Whoops. Breathe, Friday. Breathe. Right. Air is good.

It also occasionally happens if I haven't been eating. Also something I forget to do.

2nding @digger for med evaluation. There can be a whole lot of medical causes for fainting that have nothing to do with PTSD. Including, but not limited to, a bad reaction to your medication.

For self harm reboots... Have you tried a rubber band around your wrist (snap it) or sit-ups / push-ups / pull-ups? You can still end up hurting yourself using exercise as self harm, but it takes longer (so most of the time I come out of disassociation before I end up doing myself an injury working out), and the side benefit are strong muscles and pretty abs.

Last edited:
I have fainted before and it was anxiety related (probably wasn't breathing or something like that). I fell onto a coffee table, bruised my arm badly and had a cut from my arm to the middle of my chest and I still have the scar. Taking into account all the things I could have fallen onto and all the ways I could have hurt myself I call myself lucky.

2nd it...get yourself checked out.

i would suggest taking a look at your medication and also watching your blood pressure , many sleeping meds play havoc with your blood pressure and further to this its also quite common what your are describing for people with low blood pressure , when they get up too quick they suffer dizziness etc

Judging from my own medical records (naturally low blood pressure, ussually not above 90/50) it probably low blood pressure, but it freaks me out, and it's not just when stading up fast, I'm like that most of the time, like, slightly dizzy at all times...
Anxiety has an effect, but main is constant, in gamemaking rules lets call the dizzyness a constant debuff, and and anxiety, medications and so on multipliers.

Yep, for rising blood pressure I don't quite know what to do... Alcohol sure does the thing, also salt, but neither really DOES it, I'm still dizzy... And then I get anxious and panicky about the case, seeing all hits my head suffered... And I practically can't get much medical stuff, as croatia, the country of being f*cked up and not doing anything about it.

Well, a bit stressed.. Ima cut myself off here.

I have chronically low blood pressure. I also get dehydration and the begining of dissociation mixed up a lot. Sometimes I'm dehydrated, sometimes dissociative. Here's the thing - having dehydration or any other medical condition that causes stress on the body can also increase the likelihood of also dissociating.

In the end, it sounds like meeting with a doc and discussing it a but further would be a good idea. You are not sure what to do, this is impacting your daily life, and it would be dangerous for you or us to attempt to discern or diagnose what is happening for you.

There are lots of other factors to consider, other than blood pressure, and tests that they may not have done. Low blood pressure can be a sign of other problems, and it doesn't exclude other problems form being there. If you have dizziness, this is especially important to talk to your doctor about. It could be nothing at all too. No one has any way to know until you go.

Whatever is going on, physical or psychological, it is important to fuel your body as well as you can. Find ways to get electrolytes in and balanced well (which is more than just consuming table salt). Be sure you are drinking enough water and eating enough good fruits and veggies. This can go a long ways into helping the body function well and not feel so bad. This will help the anxiety and any element of this that is dissociation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back