• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Alone Vs Loneliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loneliest I've ever been was in the company of those who should have cared for me and didn't.

I've spent months on my own, not alone, there were trees and stars and sand and rock and fish and currents, and weather, and 1,000 things to keep me company, but no people; and several eternities locked in a concrete box with not even a mosquito to glare at; and never even begun to come close to that kind of loneliness.

To be alone isn't to be lonely.

To be lonely, is to be wanting.

I've always thought that you don't have to be alone to be lonely.

I have felt lonely even when surrounded by people, and now that I live alone, it's a different kind of loneliness?

I never knew that there were different types of loneliness, or is it just the same thing, but effects us all in different ways?

Some people like to live alone, some have it thrust upon them, like myself, when their partner passed away, or they got divorced.

Is it easy to get over?

Last edited:
I've always thought that you don't have to be alone to be lonely.

I have felt lonely even when surround...

I can be alone and I like it. I can also be in a room filled with people and feel alone.....(that makes me uneasy/scared). Loneliness is different to me-it's a craving/wanting/needing a connection with someone. Loneliness may kill me. Being alone wouldn't.

Aye! Snowflake, I get anxious/scared when I'm amongst other people, but not when I'm alone?

Yet I I don't really like being on my own, well, not all the time, as there are times when I prefer it, there seems to be no middle ground?

I know that I will never be in a relationship again, but having a friend to go out with, share thoughts with, and just enjoy being with, would be nice.

I know that I'm hard to get along with, due to my mood swings and temper, so I will just have to get used to being alone, as it looks like that's what the future holds for me.

I'm fine with alone. Alone is rich and connecting to whatever I fancy.

I'm even fine with lonely, lonely is alone and wishing, I can turn wishes into something else.

What I'm not fine with is alone & needing. That way lies despair and suicidality and hopelessness and feeling useless, because I can't do the durn thing on my f*cking own.

I am sorry you are feeling this way!
I wish you could find some friends here to whom you can trust enough, there are plenty of very kind people here.
I know what loneliness means and it has nothing to do with being alone, being alone is healthy thing and is easy to bear, but to be lonely is the hardest when is not connected to really being on your own, but actually to being surrounded with others.
In our case we are mainly lonely because we don't trust others enough to tell them our story and they wouldn't get it anyway, but that doesn't mean we don't yearn to be understood.
I get so accurately how you feel.
Hugs if you accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back