• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Higgins,

Thank you for posting this, and thanks for opening up. You are not alone. I read something my friend shared today which is what I believed. We human beings are built alone, but we don't have to be lonely. I felt being lonely is what CPTSD bring to my life. Trust is so hard to build, I am a people pleaser, and that's my coping mechanism; from outside, I was appeared popular and friendly, but deep down I don't trust no one; it really struck me when I opened up to people, and they started to distance themselves. I don't know how to change that, but I guess I took my risk, because of me opening up to a few friends, some left, but some stayed. I have found through this process of emergent event (suicide acts), often the professional help are the one is most countable. (it took me two years to find the one that suits me....and every time to try a new outlet...is always traumatic..)

Please don't give up, and please reach out.

I'm sorry you feel so alone. You really aren't though...as useless as that can be to say. I do underst...
What did it take for therapy to finally stick?

Hey Higgins,

Thank you for posting this, and thanks for opening up. You are not alone. I read somet...
Hi Mossperson. I think about being alone a lot, because it's true, we are alone. The only person we will spend our whole lives with every moment, is us. And I would much rather be comfortable with me than worry about someone else anyway. It takes a lot to just be ok with me. I will totally admit jealousy of others who have support systems and spouses and such. But in the end, maybe my path is to be alone.

The lonliness does bother me, but I'm so socially awkward, I can't even really figure out how to maintain conversations even on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back