• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Alternative Dictionary Of Therapy (humor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- When they realize you are not an easy case - "Next patient! I need more easy money."

- Feeling like that old doctor game with Tweezers that made noises when you touched wrong spots. And T keeps touching wrong stops. (If I say I don't want to talk about something - listen to me. Are you trying to cause more dissociation?)

Last edited:
Therapeutic Use of Self(a real term, I sh*t you not:laugh:) really means

~~I sit in my chair for EXACTLY 50 min(cuz I need a coffee break EVERY single hour of my day!:coffee::coffee::coffee:) and I say "and how did that make you feel?" -or- "and what was that like for you to hear that from her/him?" until the clock (that I've carefully positioned so you the client can't see it) shows that "We'll have to leave it there."

:p:p:p:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Complicated Bereavement - "Researcher O’Connor and colleagues (link is external) searching for the neurological basis of grieving found that the intense yearning of complicated grievers brings them as much pleasure and reward as it does pain."
"...complicated grievers (CG) keep the yearning process alive through their habits."
"
Its symptoms can include:
  • Extreme focus on the loss and reminders of the loved one
  • Intense longing or pining for the deceased
  • Problems accepting the death
  • Numbness or detachment
  • Preoccupation with your sorrow
  • Bitterness about your loss
  • Inability to enjoy life
  • Link Removed or deep sadness
  • Trouble carrying out normal routine
  • Feeling that life holds no meaning or purpose