1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Am Around, But Taking Break

Discussion in 'Social' started by Lisa, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Hi people,

Just wanted to say I've not been online much lately... have needed to keep distracted. Can't seem to face talking about anything related to PTSD at the moment, and things are very stressful right now. I just didn't want anyone thinking I've disappeared, so I wanted to post a quick note to say I am around, but at the moment I'm taking a break.

But I am reading, and will be back when I am feeling less 'blocked' and mute soon.

Lisa.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

Take your time and take care of yourself.....Plan on doing something you really like to do for yourself EVERDAY!!!! And try to get some rest!!! We'll all be here when you need us!!!!:crazy-eye CREATING THE PEACE..LIVING THE PEACE..SPREADING THE PEACE

4. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Well - I am back now. Things got worse... I needed to hole up and just be that way without posting. Everything was spinning and in different directions all at once, I couldn't verbalise anything well enough to post. I can't say that it helped... it was really lonely. Especially at night as this place helps most at that time with the insomnia. But nonetheless it was what I decided to do at the time, and now I am back with at least some intention to try to function.

I'm clawing back upwards now but finding things really difficult. I have spoken to my university who have agreed to take the pressure off me by allowing me to sit just half my exams now, and the other half in August. I need to do a lot of touching base with myself, or I end up holed up depressed doing nothing.

Now, I feel able to face looking at anything PTSD related, whether that be me or others. So I am back now... lol I guess that was my point!

L x