• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Am I A Bad Person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.
This is my first time posting. I am kind of not sure what to do.
My new husband of only 2months got diagnosed with ptsd. It was childhood events that my heart breaks when I hear about it. I know I can't fix it and I'm struggling with not being able to help and only just being there for him. I know just being there is enough.

He isn't suicidal or self harming which is great it's one thing I don't need to worry. However he does get angry (not towards me) at drivers in cars and says things like he hopes their families dies etc just because they were driving slow in the fast lane!!! It makes me question him a lot and who did I marry??
I'm struggling with the fact though he can't go to work or get himself up to get to work yet he can stay at home all day and do NO cleaning or washing or anything and I hate to say it but, his legs and arms aren't broken!!! I feel horrible everytime I thing these things and I feel bad about myself. He then can go to band rehearsal and stay out late and then not be able to get up the next day for work either! I sometimes feel like saying get over it and get to hell work! I think that is my lack of understanding of ptsd!
I feel left out and ignored. I feel unimportant and I need attention. I am craving praise for dealing with him dealing with ptsd. I am craving attention where I feel I want to flirt with men just to feel good about myself. I have emotionally ate myself to 20kg heavier! I feel disgusted in myself and the lack of attention doesn't help. I do everything I can to help even allowing him to spend $2k plus on getting tattoos so he can 'feel' something!
I don't know if I'm being a bad person or if I need to remove myself from the house and the turmoil for awhile so it doesn't affect me so much as to eat all the time to mask my feelings.
I want to help but my own self is suffering. :(

If he's got it from childhood events, it stands to reason that he's had it the whole time he's known you. Had his behavior suddenly changed?

If he's got it from childhood events, it stands to reason that he's had it the whole time he's known yo...
Yes absolutely!
He would get some anger by nothing like this!
He has literally kept it inside for 27years!
I just feel bad that it has come out now like a month after we got married and wanting to start a family and all that's on hold cause i can't imagine having a child in this environment. I mean I'm glad he is dealing with it I just hate that it's now. I dunno I'm so used to being number 1 I guess I'm having a hard time as stupid as it feels I'm just sooooooo stressed with work and life and self esteem issues I'm feeling really selfish and just want a day where it's back to being about me?? Is that wrong?? Honestly am I being immature and horrible

1. Nope. Those things don't make you a bad person.

2. I don't want to say anything more before finding out if this is new? How long were you two dating? What's the timeline of events, here?

1. Nope. Those things don't make you a bad person.

2. I don't want to say anything more before finding...
We have been together for 7years and I knew about the events but it never seemed to bother him too much. He spoke about it but not at depth.
It only really came out just after our wedding in march last year. So really bad about 2 months after the wedding and has been going on since. He started seeing a psych over 6 months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back