1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Am I Brave or "What" - Waxing For Charity

Discussion in 'Social' started by Scott_Fraser, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi there, need some help from you girls out there.
    A friend and I are considering getting our legs waxed for Charity. I'm thinking about doing mine for the Combat Stress Charity and my friend Russ is doing it for a Charity called Special Kids in the UK. It won't be until sometime this year. But I wanted you girls advice.
    What is the least "Painless" way of getting it done, because we might be brave enough and get our chests done as well.
    Come on girls, some advice please.
    Thanks
    Scott:hello:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

Bite on a leather strap, lie back and think of Scotland!

Ha ha! Are you hairy?

PS. I'll sponsor you!

4. Scott_Fraser

Just a little bit Claire, but what the hell, I might give it a try, how do you do it, do you use the wax or shave.
    Cheers

5. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Wax...painless? Oh, you're a riot!!! LOL When I get my eyebrows done, it hurts like hell-but just for a few seconds. It's all in who's doing the waxing and how much skill they have. It's kinda like taking a band-aid off...one quick pull, stings like the dickens for a few seconds, but then it's pretty much over.

Ohh... and don't flinch.

Plenty of lotion or cream afterwards will help with the redness.

Nice to see a man getting a fuller understanding of the expression 'the price of beauty'. *grin*

6. Scott_Fraser

Hey Marlene, you're loving this aren't you, if only we could get Terry or Ranger to join in, it would make your day.
    Cheers

7. Marlene

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I have no idea WHAT you're talking about. :)

8. Scott_Fraser

C'mon Marlene, a man in pain getting his legs and chest waxed, this must make your day LOL. PS hope that you'll sponsor me.

9. Marlene

You had me at 'man in pain'. LMAO!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

PM me the details. :smile:

10. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

oh, you'll be fine.(hee-hee) just try not to scream like a school-girl,lol. you will get some funny looks.
    cathy

11. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

:hello: Hello Scott,

I'm rangers wife-- he's here with me....saying "Not only NO, BUT HELL NO"
    and pain pills :pills: or not, there aren't enough people to hold him down........

"Don't go there Marlene" as per the ranger!!!!!

This is interesting, guys that have been shot, stabbed, & whatever else...won't get a few hairs pulled....:cuckoo:

LMAO......

go for it guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D (wildcritter)

12. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

hehehe, are you goong to record it so we can listen to your screams of pain and then watch you pass out??

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bec

13. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I tried waxing once... That first tear was enough for me 12 years ago. For some reason I bought into the whole "it will give the bikini line a nice apperance and no issue", pleany of other did it. After I started bleeding and had a huge purple welt from the bruising I decided I would just stick with razors now. For some reason nicks just did not seem like an issue anymore. And it wasn't like I coud go to the beach after that stunt any way. 20 years old and stupid. Next time I feel the need to see if I can rip a sheet of skin off I now know how. Oh, have fun!!

ETA - Hope the screams do not peel the paint off the walls, and don't be shocked if you break out in a sweat.