1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Am I in The Right Place? Struggling Beyond Belief

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by struggling_one, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. struggling_one

struggling_one New Member

Hi. I'm "Struggling_one", and I am not 100% sure if I am at the right web site. from what I have read I am. I have recently been diagnosed with PTSD, and I want to know more about it from a first hand sourse, not just a doctors thoughts about it. I suffer from nightmares (if that's what you want to call them), and flashbacks, along with an overwhelming stress related to a certain topic. I have had problems with most of these "symptoms" for years now, and they seem to be getting worse. I have struggled more and more the last couple of months. I'm not sure how much worse it can get. I there anything that I can do, and am I even asking the right chat?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum...I

If you want help, advice, and answers to PTSD....You're in the right place.

Wendy

4. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Agreeing...you're in the right place. You'll find a whole lot of people who deal with/have dealt with the same things.

Best advice I can give for your questions 'is there anything I can do' is to ask questions and write down what's bothering you to try and figure out what's behind it. There's a whole section for trauma diaries where you can write what you want, what you need.

Plus there's a ton of material to read that can help as well. I can even count the numbe of times I've used that info as a reference to help me get through a tough time.

Welcome to the forum.
    Lisa

5. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:hello:Welcome!!! You are most certainly in the right place....PTSD is our common bond....There's lots of support...knowledge and a section under GENERAL CHAT entitled "Jokes to brighten PTSD" [this is for laughs] :thumbs-up .....PEACE FOR THE PLANET

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi, welcome to the forum. There is no one thing you can do in order to help yourself right this minute, however; you are in the right place, and there are lots of things you can do to help yourself overall. Learn, educate yourself, talk everything out here, don't keep things in, get them out, listen, be open to try new things, be willing to push yourself beyond your comfort levels, be prepared to get more ill, because unfortunately, it is going to happen in order to get better. A better way to look at it, is short term pain for long term gain.

7. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Wow, everyone else has said it all in their welcomes to you. So struggling one, I'll just say Hi and Welcome you Aboard the forum.

Take Care!

Hope

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar