1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Am Not Posting Much But I Am Editing and Reading

Discussion in 'Social' started by becvan, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Just to let you all know:

I'm around but having some difficulties with family members at present. So i'm here for editing (quite a bit) and reading but I'm not posting and not sure when I will start up again. When i'm calmed down more, you can expect a post regarding this matter.

My stress levels are too high and my resting heart rate has become alarmingly high. I've been put on another medication (that I've had before and had no bad reactions) to try and get my heart calmed down. So until this medical issue is resolved and my family stress drops, don't expect to hear from me much.

Jim and Kathy: I'm soo sorry to hear about Evie. Send her my best wishes and tell her not to put up with any crap in there. Also, enjoy your break. If anyone deserves it.. it is most certainly you two.

everyone take care of themselves. If there is an editing issue, please do not hesitate to contact me, as I will be focusing on that.

bec

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Evie will be fine. Only needs a little extra care right now.

You take good care of yourself bec. Give your family members a kick in the ass. Get that heart rate back to normal and get all the rest you need.

Jim.

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

praying for you bec. i can lower my heart rate and blood pressure with the biofeedback my therapist taught me. hard to do with anyone around, but have you tried that at all? bp went from 168/110 to 130/74 in about 5 mins. pulse went from 118--80 in the same time. it is basically just breathing techniques.
    i hope your feeling better soon.
    cathy

5. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Bec, I am very sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly! It is commendable that you wish to continue editing but please take good care of yourself first. I wish you all the best and you will get my PM soon.

6. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

You concentrate on YOU right now bec!!
    Even the best of us need breaks every now and then!

Heck, if it'll help, pack the computer up and put it in a closet if you need!
    We'd understand as we've all had our 'moments/hours/days/weeks/and even months' where any responsibility overwhelms us.

I do hope you continue to come online and share, read, and edit for this forum.
    But take it easy, as we don't want you overhwelming yourself.

And as always, take care of yourself, we want you back and healthy soon (selfish us...but its true)
    Y&A

7. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Take all the time you need bec... just know you do a wonderful job here as a volunteer, helping me and all members edit this place.

8. becvan

Thanks guys, all of you.

I choose to keep editing because it's a positive focus. Posting is too much additional stress right now.

Got some great advice on my heart and have started a twenty minute walk with my dog once a day. Poops me right out but I have to shower and get dressed and get out of the house and walk. It will (supposedly) raise my heart rate for about a week, then it should start dropping. So I'm hoping I can get it in control, or at least outside the danger zone, within a month.

Working on surviving the "hell trip" tomorrw to T. bay with my dad for tests. Then I wil focus on a solution with the family to lower my stress. have started to.. but have to get through tomorrow without killing him, or having my heart expolde.. fun fun..

So.. walks, live through tomorrow, edit.. and resolve issue.. LOL in about that order..

Thanks for the concern guys.. but I'm editing.. and that's that!

Bec

9. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hey Bec

Be kind to yourself! Sending you big hugs!

10. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Take care of yourself, Bec.

Hope your trip goes as stress free as possible!!!

11. becvan

Trip went better than expected. I still haven't slept.. so am tired. Dad was an ass a few times but I was too tired to react.. think the no sleep did a good thing there! EEG went well. I have my license still! *whoops* no seizure activity. But the tech was a b*tch. tried making me do everything that makes me have panic attacks and I refused.. then in a condenscending tone said
    "Rebecca you are not making enough effort", I didn't deck her or tell her to f'k off, so I did well. PFFFT.. what died and made techs god again?

SO damn grateful it's over.. maybe I can get some sleep now....

bec

*ohh bought a map.. and landmarked some places.. I think if I take it easy, I can handle driving there.. so that was encouraging towards moving...*

12. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

I'm so very glad your trip went well! That is good news about the EEG results. Hopefully you are now sleeping or at least resting. Well done!

13. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Bec,
    I hope that you get some much needed rest and that things are more peacefully, for you I hadn't had a chance to read your message in its entirety till now sorry for any misunderstanding, Take care of your self and I hope that things get easier for you soon