1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

An Eye Opener - Thank You - Reading Spouse Forum Helps Me Understand

Discussion in 'Supporter Discussion' started by mumtofour, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mumtofour

mumtofour New Member

I started reading in the spouses chat just out of curiousity and found that my marriage is/has gone through very similar things.

I am the spouse w/PTSD and reading the posts in here has given me such an understanding and an eye opening view of what I am/have put my husband through.

I have a had a rough week and I just said to him last night, can we just date, I dont want to be affecionate anymore, I need you to back off, lets just date. And to hear others have/are going through this, I realize that YES, my PTSD is affecting my marriage. Wow! I did not realize this, as elementary as it sounds. Reading the posts brought my actions to reality. Seeing my actions from a different perspective has opened my eyes.

I told my dh about this section of the forum and encouraged him to come here and vent and get support when I am having difficulty controlling my PTSD. I hope he comes here and is able to vent.

Thank you all for sharing your hearts and lives!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.