• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Analyse That!...(dreams That Are Just Plain Wacky)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often was having a dream that it was around the first day of High school and I was lost in the hallways, which were empty, looking for the room I was supposed to be in. Finally I discussed this dream on the forum here in the ASK ANTHONY section (before it was nixed) and Anthony said that dreams were not important in therapy and should not be paid much attention to. Interestingly enough, the dream stopped occurring after that was told to me by him.

None the less, I like this thread and find it fun and playful.

So, the above dream was about not wanting to be in school, avoiding people and in general feeling lost. (I guess that is a serious interpretation, but that is what I thought of).

It could also have meant that I was hungry and wanted to find the cafeteria. Or I never dated boys from my high school, which I didn't. I disliked most of the students in the school, in fact, especially the boys.

@EmmaDancing what a beautiful dream!!!

The tranquility and freedom of ocean where harmony emerges and our maternal nature is unquestioned and magical. Much as a fetus in the womb, safe and cocooned by liquid. The landlocked marching men (going through the motions) within the confines of boundaries, without purpose like a hamster on a wheel ...sadness disconnected unless through pain of reprisal. Then your magical self, drawn back to the inner child crowned by blue hair of lore and gentleness, escapes the nonsense of thinking just inside the box.

(((hugs))) You must be very creative.

Blue???? Now that is weird!! ALL the mermaids kids I know have green hair!

I know! That's just plain crazy. Though I must say I do know some mermaid children whose hair has threads of certain shades of blue (or gray) running through it, to better emulate the color of the ocean.

(((hugs))) You must be very creative.

Thanks for your thoughts, lovely - You write beautifully; insightful and lyrical. Your description makes a lot of sense.

This week I had a dream that I was in a helicopter. (I have never been in one for real). In my dream journey the helicopter flew low above the ground and kept bouncing off the grass before going up a little then down and bouncing again. But I was not scared in the slightest. I was having fun and laughing. I found it really exciting.

What does it mean?

I had a dream once that I was floating up into the air, just my body, no planes etc. I had to keep heading north in this dream and going higher and higher. I was looking for other people floating too, but I did not see any. I never forget this dream, I had it years ago. I forget most of the rest of my dreams right after I wake up, but not this one.

When I was a young girl, maybe 4-6 years old or so, I had a dream 3 nights in a row. I was on a ship and there was a vending machine on it and I put a coin in and got a live sheep. I always remember this dream too.

I don't know what the one about the sheep means, because I had no desire in real life for a sheep or anything. No one had asked me to count sheep before going to sleep or anything like that either.

The other dream is about floating up to Heaven I think.

I was on a ship and there was a vending machine on it and I put a coin in and got a live sheep.
Oh, I just love this one. I can picture a really huge vending machine. But hey, on a ship - what were you supposed to do with the sheep with no fields nearby? I cannot think what it meant. Did you have a sheepskin rug as a child? I remember lying on the floor on one to watch TV,

I can picture a really huge vending machine. But hey, on a ship - what were you supposed to do with the sheep with no fields nearby? I cannot think what it meant. Did you have a sheepskin rug as a child? I remember lying on the floor on one to watch TV,

No, no sheepskin anything in the house. Funny thing too, cows were my favorite animal at that age. I had a little squeaky rubber cow that I took everywhere with me. The squeaky had fallen out of it ages before, I had chewed all the paint off of it, it was a sorry little thing. The only thing I can think of is that maybe my grandmother might have told me a story with some sheep in it. She was Catholic, she loved to tell stories and she had lived nearby a dairy farm when my daddy was a boy. Possibly there were sheep on another farm nearby or something. Other than that, I am clueless!

I was on a ship and there was a vending machine on it and I put a coin in and got a live sheep.
:laugh: Not got a clue what it means but that made me smile out loud :D Thank you :)

What does it mean?
Hmm....bouncy helicopters....*strokes chin thoughtfully*.....Not sure but I think you may have just solved the problem of how to get to work next time the road floods - inflatable helicopter!!! I'd get yourself down the patent office...

Last edited:
I had another strange one this time.

I was in India and getting a tour round a very, very poor area. The people lived in houses - like our terraced homes here- and they were fine and clean but very overcrowded. The family I visited told me they could not afford to rent the whole house so the landlord had other tenants in 2 of the bedrooms. The family were a couple with their 2 children, and the lady's brother lived with them too. The children were a new baby boy and a three year old girl. The little girl was lovely and I was acutely aware she was likely to be overlooked in favour of her brother. I spent a lot of time talking and playing with her and her toys. To my horror I sat on her little trike and broke it.

When I woke up the first thing on my mind was how to find this girl and send her a new toy. The fact that they needed money for food and rent seemed irrelevant, it was the toy that mattered.

I had dreams about not being able to have time to count my money. I kept trying to count it but got interrupted many times. Each time I would have to start over. There was fear involved in this, and it actually is a real problem in my life too. I keep spending money and before I can rectify my bank account, I spend more again. I actually don't know how much money I have, because I rely on getting printouts of my account as I don't know how to balance my account, especially since I use my debit card a lot. I also have a bit of savings, but that is dwindling as I spend sometimes. I add and take out... so I have no idea how much or how little I have. Obviously, since I am dreaming about this, it is troubling me, especially since this is the Christmas Season and I will be buying gifts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back