1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Annoying Problem - Got Something In My Eye

Discussion in 'Social' started by Linda, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

I got a small piece of "something" in my eye yesterday, probably a particle of animal fur or a wood shaving. It sits there, and I can't get it out! And this is my "good" yey, which can see more or less normal without the glasses.
    Probably have to go to a doctor, but afraid to do so.
    GRRRRRR :angry-fla

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. maus

maus Active Member

eyedrops

go to the drugstore and buy eyedrops try to rinse it out. Otherwise ask somebody to accompany you to the doctor. Good luck

4. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Don't rub it incase you scratched your cornea, it can feel like something in there, yet its a scratch.

Also, have someone look, you may have burst a blood vessel or something, that too can give the feeling of something in your eye.

Have you used an eye cup to rinse? If you cannot afford the doctor, again don't rub it, patch it with gauze for a day and see if you can tear it out, otherwise, you will have to break down and go.

I will hope and pray for you. I am sorry you are hurting.

5. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!
    I was trying to rinse it out with eye rinse solution and with the water in eye-wash station at work... Just made it worse.
    So, I called my optometrist's office, and he tolled me to come in, and I did so, accompanied by my stepson. It took him a few seconds to numb my eye and take this piece of wood shaving out!
    Have to be on some antibiotics now for a short while.
    Feel so relieved!

6. maus

maus Active Member

can imagine that

that must have driven you insane that little piece of wood. Thank god it's out. Beware of infection take the anti biotics. Get well soon

7. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

I'm ever so glad you went to the doctor, Linda. Things could have turned quite nasty if you left it much longer. Not to mention, anything to do with eyes is right painful! I hope your eye is better soon.

8. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Whew......lucky you went. Bet you feel tons better.......

9. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

A veterinary nurse who is afraid of doctors... It is just funny!
    :rofl: