• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anonymity, Self Acceptance, And Online Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

asldjfasldjf

Learning
Hey everyone, I've been away from this site for a little over a month. For a good chunk of that time I've been obsessing over the idea of someone discovering my identity and connecting them with my posts here.

I've taken a couple privacy precautions, but other than that, I've also tried to change my approach to my anonymity. The truth is, neither I nor any of us should be ashamed of the conundrums, rants, raves, and sob stories we share on this website.

This is perhaps the best PTSD website out there, and the community here is incredibly supportive. Ultimately, I feel like it's worth risking my privacy for that.

These are my thoughts, I just felt like sharing.

Also, as you might already know, if you're worried about your privacy, you can limit who sees what by clicking on the "Privacy" link listed when you click on your avatar.

Much love,
(the newly coined) @shero22 (pronounced she-row, like a she-hero!)

I can confidently say that there are far more stupid, crazy, idiotic things on both my Facebook and Twitter feeds, ie posted by other people, than what I've ever posted here. The small risk of being discovered is completely dwarfed by the connections and support I've found on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back