• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Another High Profile Rapist Of Children?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit confused what case @Anarchy is talking about, can you clarify please? The article linked to in the OP is from 1997, and while what it is does describe is not okay, it doesn't refer to or suggest child rape as the thread title does. Plus Thatcher's dad died in 1970, according to Wikipedia, so I'm guessing his death hasn't just been announced. :confused:

Is it a new, different case you are talking about in your OP?

Last edited:
Hi Digger,
I'm primarily referring to the death of Leon Britten, former British Home Secretary (justice minister) and European Commissioner. There are (what I beleive to be credible) allegations linking him and other establishment (and also senior Sinn Fein) figures to the child brothel at Elm House and to other child abuse activities.

My reference to Margaret Thatcher and her groper of a father, is because her cabinet is suggested to have had at least one other (who is still living). was she perhaps addicted to these people?

Don't think she was addicted just these people are endemic in society and they are particularly good at lying and deceiving so great MPs. As for her groping father I just think that sort of behaviour was treated as normal almost manly behaviour. Boys club.

Ah okay, yes, makes more sense now. Thanks for clarifying.
There are (what I beleive to be credible) allegations linking him and other establishment (and also senior Sinn Fein) figures to the child brothel at Elm House and to other child abuse activities.
I am aware of this and have followed some of it, but I go through patches of having to switch off completely from the news because it gets too triggering. The volume of this stuff in the UK news over the last few years has been overwhelming and I don't always cope with it well.
Whether particular people were directly involved or not, I don't know, but it is undeniable that there were many many high profile people who were aware of it and involved in the cover up, and they are equally culpable in my opinion.

was she perhaps addicted to these people?
This is an interesting point. It is something I struggle with understanding about people in my own life, mostly my mother, who seems to be both attracted to, and blind to, these kind of people. Having grown up in the UK in the seventies and eighties, I absolutely couldn't stand the woman, but I wonder in Thatcher's case, if growing up with the father she had in some way normalised the behaviour. I wonder this with my mother too, if somewhere along the line some people become so accustomed to behaviours that they stop seeing them?

too, if somewhere along the line some people become so accustomed to behaviours that they stop seeing them?
That's what I'm saying I think it was pretty endemic. That teacher who abused me was there grabbing us in front of everyone. His hands were obviously going for areas they shouldn't. He grabbed me from behind and pulled me right into his crotch and his hands were all over me. The other teachers were seeing it. In fact my year 3 teacher I contacted her years later. She told me that they should have outed him. So they were watching and just treating it as normal behaviour.

If you look at those carry on films they are dodgy as, that was all part of that groping mentality. Everyone watched Jimmy Seville with those young girls, no-one looked at his behaviour and wondered what is going on. There was no sense of unease about a creep like him with his arms round young girls and them coming to his dressing room. No questions as to what was going on wasn't right.

Hi Digger,
I go through patches of having to switch off completely from the news because it gets too triggering.
Me too. It's about 18 months ago now that I found out that the father of one of my childhood friends, was one of the most prolific child rapists ever to have been exposed in Britain. A friend who lives in the North east recommended looking at Bill Maloney's films. Maloney is feckin long winded, but there is good info and disturbing stuff alike scattered all the way through. I'm pissed off at his showing one of the former inmates at Medomsley, who is highly symptomatic - intoxicated.

One of Bill Maloney's vids, which mentions Leon Britten in the title, has a description of a "snuff" (murder) video that would probably trigger anyone who wasn't a complete psychopath.

Maloney's "Nightmare at Elm House" is safer viewing, and covers the thatcher cabinet member allegations.

Whether particular people were directly involved or not, I don't know, but it is undeniable that there were many many high profile people who were aware of it and involved in the cover up, and they are equally culpable in my opinion.
It does seem to be very widespread, both in the British and American administrations (I don't know about other places) and in the likes of the established churches.
I don't know whether it is just the grandiose actings out, thrill seeking and power trips of the sort of characters who are attracted to those positions, coercively inflicting their sadistic will onto others.

or whether there are other functions served; such as using it as a means of entrappment, so that if one of their number breaks rank, they can be blackmailed.

or even worse, as a way of identifying other total psychopaths who are uninhibited enough to go through with and enjoy this shit

Having grown up in the UK in the seventies and eighties, I absolutely couldn't stand the woman, but I wonder in Thatcher's case, if growing up with the father she had in some way normalised the behaviour. I wonder this with my mother too, if somewhere along the line some people become so accustomed to behaviours that they stop seeing them?
or repeating their own traumas again and again, trying to make it come out right?

I don't know.

I was sort of swept allong with the Thatcher thing in the 70s and 80s, cheering on the war that she engineered in the falklands... I now think she was a psychopathic monster, who's words were at complete odds with her actions.

I'll give the rant another time about her economic policies of espousing savings while she printed paper money to reward her cronies and pay for her policies that invisibly taxed those savings and created both the inflation that she blamed everyone else for, and the business cycles which destroyed the wealth and job creating capacity of the British economy...

the woman was a monster

Endemic I think is the word. Sorry if this takes things off topic but I think it gives some context to the era that these people were a part of. This is an article about PIE (Paedophile Information Exchange) who were openly campaigning, and I believe talking to government at some point, in the late seventies and early eighties...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26352378

Was it just so much part of the culture then? This is the era I grew up in and was abused in. This is the era when no one challenged or reported my father for what he was doing (not to me, I'm unsure if anyone knew about that, but there were things that came out much more publicly and were known to the wider community we lived in at the time) though several, supposedly responsible adults knew.

I can't understand it viewing it from here and now.

f you look at those carry on films they are dodgy as, that was all part of that groping mentality.
The only two members of the cast who's lives I've read anything about, Barbara Windsor and Kenneth Williams, both come accross to me as being deeply traumatized individuals.

A female friend who worked in the draughting office of a big engineering company during her uni holidays in the early 1970s, said she always wore trousers, if she'd worn a skirt or dress, she'd have had hands in her knickers. She said about one middle aged man who had locked the door of the plan cabinet room and come over to her - she landed a hard karate punch in his solar plexus and left him in there, doubled up on his knees :blackeye:

It was the culture of the times, and there aren't many people of either sex who have either the confidence or the punch that my friend has

My own experiences in the past year of how hard I found it to tell my father that someone he thought of as a "friend" was narcissistically bullying me (in round figures, give or take, I'm around 50 years old), really showed me how impossible it was for children to come forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back