• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Another thread about self sabotage

Status
Not open for further replies.

saraemerald

MyPTSD Pro
I notice I self sabotage sometimes, in small ways and big ways. And when does this happen? When I am starting to feel happy, calm, untriggered and a good place in life. When I have barely any problems and things are going good, I start to feel lonely. And I also start almost wanting the sad PTSD symptoms again and for someone to notice and to hug me and rescue me and help me.
It's like I want someone to either see me becoming healthier and embrace me and be happy for me or if that doesn't happen, I want to be depressed and anxious so someone will come help me and comfort me.

But at the same time through all this, I really want to genuinely heal and be happy and lead a good life and also be a good example of revovery to others and help encourage others too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I know how you feel.

Feeling calm and functional and symptom free feels so VERY foreign. I’m not used to it. The chaos is comforting.

I have a friend.....well, he’s my ex.....and much of our interaction is when I need support. Sometimes I’m afraid that we won’t have any contact when I’m healed/ok.....and that makes me feel sad. He’s one of the people I turn to when I’m having a rough moment.

Are people going to like me when I’m ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back