1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety After A Seizure

Discussion in 'Anxiety & Panic Attacks' started by UConnclar, Jan 29, 2010.

1. UConnclar

UConnclar New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I had to write since I know so many of you will understand exactly what I'm feeling and I'm hoping you can help me out.

I had a seizure four years ago while I was driving. It was a reaction to a medication the doctor's gave me to help with the unknown cause for my severe back pain. We found out later that an initial car accident one year earlier had caused a cyst to form on my spinal cord and that it was causing all of the pain I was in.

The night of my seizure I was driving home from college where I was working on my Masters Degree in Music Education. I don't remember much after not being able to remember how to get home and then waking up in the emergency room six hours later. The one thing I do know is that I drove about two blocks from where my last memory is to where I got my car stuck.

Here's where I really need your help. I was watching some show tonight and one of the characters had a massive seizure. It hit me all of a sudden how lucky I was that I got my car off the road. (I actually got wedged between a building and a lightpost but don't know how exactly.) I've been crying all night realizing how horrible an outcome this could have had, how lucky I was that I wasn't injured and I didn't hurt anyone else, and the insult my body must have gone through. It's scary to finally feel all of that.

Thank you so much!!
    Meg
  2. heather q

heather q New Member

I'm not sure what you need, I had a seizure after two separate rapes, it was too much for me and I'm still working on the devastation of all that. It is scary to feel it all, and there is guilt involved because our minds or brain can't handle all that crap. I'm glad you survived alright, but I do understand that you have probably got a lot of stuff to work through, as do I, I'm glad you wrote about it, because being able to identify with someohe else helps the healing, thanks for saying what happened, I've been crying half the day too, my body is still feeling the pain from issues of years ago and yes, it is scary to finally feel all of this stuff, I'm working on whether it's worth feeling, I think it is, but sometimes it's just too much and I sure could use some understanding.

I wish you well and hope you get to where you would like to be,
    Heather
  3. UConnclar

UConnclar New Member

Thanks Heather!

I am so sorry you had to go through not one but two rapes. I was also raped nine years ago and am working through that trauma so I can't imagine the emotional pain you must have show its face.

I just got really freaked out last night at what could have happened and then seeing what someone else experienced, brought it all up for me. I now see what I must have been like in going through the seizure. I also see how lucky I was, now seeing what a seizure truly looks like, to still be here today.

All the best to you in your journey! I do understand how confusing and frustrating it is to lose entire segments of your life and have no idea what happened during those times. I also know how horrible you feel physically after a seizure.

-Meg
    heather q and (deleted user) like this.