1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Anxiety and Work - Started a New Career

Discussion in 'Employment, Education & Disability' started by melinda, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melinda

melinda New Member

I guess I am just asking for some prayers. I have started a new professional career and am having a lot of anxiety. I have been told that I am not acting confident enough with clients. I don't recieve hardly any positive feedback from my boss just more work. Without positive feedback I am having even more difficulty with confidence. I feel like I am always on stage all the time and often I will "blank" out if someone asks me a question. I tend to be soft spoken and apparently that is not popular with my co-workers. Please pray that I will start being more confident even if I am not recieving praise from my boss. I need to start believing in myself. I had trauma at age 4 and my therapist believes I suffer from PTSD. Does what I am experiencing with the job sound like symptoms of PTSD? I have also lost weight due to this anxiety recently and feel dizzy and don't want to eat.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Melinda,

Welcome...

Anxiety, eating disorders, dizziness, (due to lack of food) low self esteem, lack of confidence, blanking out.... and much more, can be part of PTSD..

It will take time, hard work, and a really good therapist to get a handle on thigs, but you can get better.

As far as work goes... Just starting a new job can be a little scarey, add PTSD to the mix and things go nuts.

Try and be calm, and remember that you are worthy...

Wendy

4. melinda

melinda New Member

Thank you Wendy-

I actually started on Lexapro the other day because my anxiety and depression has become overwhelming. I am just going to take it to get through this tough time. It seems to already be making me feel a little "floaty" and I'm not as self-conscious today, but I don't know if it can actually work that fast:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar