• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anxiety making me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bristol

MyPTSD Pro
I started working with T on all the trauma stuff back in August. Since then anxiety has become a big feature in my life, i hate it but it is what it is. This week has been something else though, i have had two panic attacks in two days, woke up in the middle of one this morning. I have a few current stressors but nothing that i would have thought could be this triggering. T suggested dive response which im sure is great but i cant use it at work. Has anyone else had this peak in anxiety go on? Equally are there any practical tips? I know the grounding ones but they dont seem to touch these attacks, usually i use self harm but this isnt practical either.

I feel for you and sadly have no advice since I'm relatively new to this. I'm also glad that self harm isn't an option. I will be hoping you get a response that helps

Thanks @Deadman. Physically, cant breathe, heart races, get really hot, feel pressure down on my chest. Emotionally feel caged, suffocated, that i have to run i have to get out. I try the deep breathing, riding the wave etc but it seems to take alot to get me anywhere with them.

What i cant decide is whether these are actually more flashbacks just in a way i havent experienced before but even then ive got no idea what have actually triggered them.

Be grateful for any tips on dealing with these because i hate them.

I have read that you should attempt to be "present". Maybe touch an object near and make note of the texture, temperature, form...etc...by really examining the object with your fingers and hands.

Personally I'd love to have other strategies because I NEVER remember to do the above when I'm in public "overloading".

This doesn't work in public, but when I'm at home and overloaded I lay down and just take a short nap. Sometimes I doze, sometimes I don't. But for whatever reason it really helps me regulate my breathing and just clear my mind or process my thoughts if needed.

Thank you both for your suggestions, it always happens in bed, but i could find something that i could keep by my bed to touch. I try the whole 5 senses thing but there isnt much to notice so maybe a rough crystal or something would help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back